What we'll do
Join us for a presentation by Emeritus Professor Bill Mitchell on the economic concept of what a "buffer stock" is and how it relates to both unemployment and price stability. We will discuss the currently accepted doctrine of NAIRU and how it is inferior to NAIBER (some may know this as the "Federal Job Guarantee") for maintaining full employment and price stability.
Professor Bill Mitchell holds the Chair in Economics and is the Director of the Centre of Full Employment and Equity (CofFEE), an official research centre at the University of Newcastle. He is also on the board of CofFEE-Europe, which is a sister centre established at the University of Maastricht, The Netherlands. He has written extensively in the fields of macroeconomics, econometrics and public policy.
There is a limit of 56 seats, so be sure to reserve your place!
For those who have not yet been exposed to the general ideas of MMT please consider perusing the following content listed below...
1) Explainer: what is modern monetary theory?
2) Bernie Sanders' 2016 Advisor On Trump's Economy And Modern Monetary Theory (starts at 4.10 minutes)
2) The Basics of Modern Money
3) L. Randall Wray - Modern Money Theory for Beginners
4) Bill Mitchell: Demystifying Modern Monetary Theory
5) Warren Mosler: What Modern Monetary Theory Tells Us About Economic Policy
6) Stephanie Kelton: Rethinking Fiscal Policy