Real commitment is required for this group and a photo of you as your profile pic :-)
I'm perplexed that some people do not read this to seek to fully understand our group and what makes it sing and very successful with a limited member base but high attendance. Our group wanted to offer a point of difference to other groups.**
• This group is restricted to under 50 members to keep it real to enable strong, ongoing friendships (not flip flop in every 6 months and constantly have to meet new people all the time - there are plenty of other groups if this is what you want, please understand this is not what our members want)
• Females only between 35 years and 50 years of age (there are plenty of groups either side of this age range to join)
• Our list of events is based on trial and error and good attendance (we have been doing this now very successfully for 4 years)
• If you are a member of more than 10 other groups you will be declined on the basis that you would be too time poor to contribute to all groups including this group (please understand this is coming from our experience)
• If you join you come along to a meet-up within 2 months to ensure the group is full of real attendees (If you have not attended a meet-up within 2 months you are not really interested in being part of this group and will be let go)
• Minimum attendance 6 meet-ups over 12 months or you will be let go from the group (as above please understand this group is about getting together often and making ongoing friendships)
• When joining you automatically accept the membership agreement as per below (please read)
• This group will not tolerate any bullying or disrespectful behaviour (this group works very well for our members, if you don't fit these parameters please look to join another group or start your own)
If the above is what you are looking for, we are a very happy, welcoming and outgoing group of females, single or partnered without children who are looking to meet-up regularly to form good strong friendships. Our conversations and lives are baby and child free so this group enables us to enjoy life with girls in the same situation. Only we seem to understand this.
This group is full of a great bunch of girls that will get-together from time to time when time permits for a good laugh whether that be over lunch, dinner, drinks, hiking, fitness, events etc..... Don't be shy newbees are always welcomed by the group, you won't feel left out, we are a great mix of fabulous girls.
What I ask of you is that if you join you come along to a meet-up within 2 months to ensure the group is full of real attendees. If you have not attended a meet-up within 2 months you are not really interested in being part of this group and will be let go. You would be surprised how often this happens where girls join and never attend a meet-up. Minimum attendance 6 meet-ups over 12 months or you will be let go from the group as again this group is about getting together often and making ongoing friendships.
Come and join us and enjoy our childfree lifestyle.
MEMBERSHIP AGREEMENT When reading please keep in mind this membership agreement is about the minority not the majority and to risk manage the group this will need to be read, understood and accepted by all.
Active Membership Members need to attend within two months of joining or you may be let go from the group to make way for someone else to join. Members are expected to attend 6 meet-up in 12 month period to secure their place and also pay the $10 annual membership fee. You will be contacted when this is due.
Members, if you haven't attended any meetups within a 6 month period you will be considered inactive, contacted and let go from the group if you do not respond. You are welcome to re-join at a later date.
No Show Policy – 24 hours & less than 12 hours notice – limited numbers & booked events Members, if you RSVP 'Yes' to a meetup it is expected that you attend. If you can no longer come to a meetup, please show consideration to other people in the group by changing your RSVP to 'No' at least 24 hours prior to the meetup. This is frowned upon and we will remind you of this if it occurs.
Anyone who RSVP 'Yes' to a meetup and does not show up or changes their RSVP to 'No' with less than 12 hours notice for no good reason will be marked down as a 'NO SHOW'.
Anyone who does this on two or more occasions within a 12 month period the compromise will be that you are relegated to 6 months of attending only if a spare seat is available on the day of the event. Once 6 months has past you will be given back full opportunity to RSVP as previous. I note that other groups cancel memberships when this occurs but I do not wish to go to this level and have opted for a more lenient option at this stage.
Recurrent reasons ie on-call for work and now working, sickness, no reason given etc (reasons that can be easily misused), will need to be addressed in the same manner above which best suits events and the wider group. As above anyone who does this on two or more occasions within a 12 month period, the compromise will be that you will be relegated to 6 months of attending only if a spare seat is available on the day of the event. Once 6 months has past you will be given back full opportunity to RSVP as previous. I note that other groups cancel memberships when this occurs but I do not wish to go to this level and have opted for a more compromising option at this stage.
Policy for events that do not have limited numbers/booking
For events that do not have limited numbers/booking, it is expected that reasonable notice of change in attendance is given ie 4 hours’ notice so if numbers become diminished and cancellation of the event occurs this enables sufficient time to give notice to others. A minimum of 4 attendees at each event is required which includes the organiser unless otherwise communicated. If unreasonable change of attendance becomes too recurrent this may be addressed as previously stated above.