What we'll do
Pumpkin Rock Trail Family Day Hike
Sunday, October 21st, 2018
Hiking-with-Friends would like to invite you to come out and enjoy a family-friendly hike at the Pumpkin Rock Trail. The pumpkin has been around since the mid-1990s and is painted in the style of Jack Skellington, the "Pumpkin King" of Halloween Town from The Nightmare Before Christmas. Soo needless to say come in your Helloween costumes 👹👻☠️💀 !
Coordinator: Mendez Leroy
☼ MEETING TIME: 8:00 am
HIKE LENGTH: 1.2 - 2Miles (Round trip)
HiKe LEVEL: Beginner 3/Moderate 1
HIKE DURATION: 2 hours (Approx.)
ELEVATION GAIN:[masked]ft (Approx.)
✳️ All hikes subject to change due to weather or trail conditions.
✳️ Please read ALL the general requirements and guidelines which apply to this hiKe on this event page!
✳️ Strollers are permitted
Pikes Peak Park
✳️Hike Level: Beginner 3/Moderate 1
We will experience a moderat elevation gain but still friendly enough for families.
HIKE WALK THROUGH:
The hike to Pumpkin Rock is one of those things you just have to do at least once. It's obviously a great Halloween hike, and there are lots of photo opportunities.
HOW DO I PARTICIPATE WITH THE GROUP ON THIS HIKE?
1. Like our page
2. Read all the Hike’s Details on this event page.
3. Make sure that the HiKe Level accommodates your hiKing experience.
4. If, and only if it suits you, then RSVP for this event and show up the day of the hiKe with all necessary gear and water (we mention everything you need on the details page for this hike).
NOTES FROM THE HIKE COORDINATOR:
* If you have plans on splitting from the group, please don’t attend this hike.
* If you have time constraints, please don’t attend this hiKe.
* Dogs allowed but must be on a leash at all times.
✔ Comfortable walking shoes
* Water - 1 to 2 liters
* Sun screen
* Bug Repellent
* Sun Glasses
* And a smile ♡♡♡
A WATER CHECK WILL BE PERFORMED.
• For your safety and the safety of the group, if you are not adequately prepared, gear or conditioning, you will be turned back for your safety and that of the group.
MY FRIEND SAID I COULD DO THIS HIKE; I SHOULD BE ABLE TO DO IT, RIGHT:
Contrary to popular belief, you know your body and hiKing experience better than your friends. Whether you are a first-timer or an experienced hiker, please read our hike details page, as the hiKe may not suite your experience level. We will have a better experience if every hiKe has hiKers of the intended level.
✳️ Please take the time to check out the event page on Facebook for informational pieces leading up to the hiKe. If you do not have a smart phone or are not on Facebook, it is your responsibility to gain access to the event page on Facebook, at least the night before or morning of, and check if any UPDATES have been made. It is your responsibility.
Check out facebook group at https://www.facebook.com/events/369944846769570/