"The most dangerous phrase in the language is 'We've always done it this way.'"
– Grace Hopper
Hello there Craftspeople!
For this month's meetup, we're thinking about debating Titles/Roles/Seniority. The subject was proposed last year on GitHub (https://goo.gl/ETeocQ). This is going to be a facilitated fishbowl. Here's a few topics to start getting your thoughts flowing:
- Traditional vs. apprenticeship model.
- How do titles affect technical and managerial career paths?
- What comes after senior developer? (source: https://goo.gl/Ls8WL1)
- How to talk about generalists and specialists and their titles/roles/seniority?
For the second part of the evening we're planning on extending the fishbowl and throw in a couple of more subjects: Professionalism and Ethics (https://goo.gl/3KY7sY) and how they all relate.
Here's the proposed agenda:
- 6:00 pm | Mingle with nibbles and beverages
- 6:30 pm | Fishbowl on Titles/Roles/Seniority
- 7:30 pm | Break
- 7:45 pm | Fishbowl on Professionalism and Ethics
- 8:45 pm | Retrospective and wrap-up
Have a great week, everyone! See you in a few days!
Oh, one more thing: please invite a colleague, a friend, specially if they are taking their first steps on this long journey that is the software development career.