- SydPWA 27 Jun - Browsers on blockchain, Media Recorder API, WebAssembly in PWA
3 talks tonight: Building a new Web Browser in 2019, a story of how Puma Browser came to life -- Yuriy Dybskiy Building a new browser might sound like a crazy idea. In this session we'd like to walk you through why we decided to build Puma Browser, why we think it's important for the future of the web, what is Web Monetization Spec and Interledger Protocol. 𝗜𝘁'𝘀 𝘁𝗶𝗺𝗲 𝘁𝗼 𝗵𝗶𝘁 𝗿𝗲𝗰𝗼𝗿𝗱: 𝗮𝗻 𝗶𝗻𝘁𝗿𝗼𝗱𝘂𝗰𝘁𝗶𝗼𝗻 𝘁𝗼 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗠𝗲𝗱𝗶𝗮 𝗥𝗲𝗰𝗼𝗿𝗱𝗲𝗿 𝗔𝗣𝗜 -- Jessica Claire Edwards If you've ever wondered how to generate video content purely from the browser without any plugins, extensions, or any back-end code, Jessica will share with us an amazing talk on the current state of the Media Recorder API, and what's on the horizon! 𝗪𝗲𝗯𝗔𝘀𝘀𝗲𝗺𝗯𝗹𝘆 𝗶𝗻 𝗣𝗪𝗔 𝘄𝗶𝘁𝗵 𝗲𝗮𝘀𝗲 -- Mikhail Asavkin Today you can create PWA components in your favourite language (TypeScript, of course!) and compile them to WebAssembly which opens scores of new possibilities! Mikhail will show us how to create a component in TypeScript, compile it to WebAssembly and then use it in a progressive web app. He'll also talk about how and why should you use WASM in your PWAs. --- Once again we're sponsored by the amazing folks from Microsoft Reactor Sydney! :)
- SydPWA 11 Apr - futuristic GraphQL API and Go...ing WebAssembly
Where? Microsoft Reactor Hub When? 11 Apr 2019, 6pm What? * "Building PWA with real-time GraphQL API" by Mikhail Asavkin The technology showcased by Mikhail might become the mainstream one day. This is a mind blowing talk about a futuristic GraphQL technology you have to see! 🤯 * "Go... ing with WebAssembly" by Aaron Powell Throughout this talk, we'll learn about what WebAssembly is, how to use Go to create WebAssembly binaries and how to bring it all together in with a web developers toolchain. Talks from the previous meetup: 🎥 * Fingerprint Scanner in Browsers - https://youtu.be/ooX3C1nBrLQ 👍 * Push Notification in Browsers - https://youtu.be/HqH1AZtop7w 💨
- SydPWA - push notifications and biometrics
Hey all! We're excited to be hosting another SydPWA meetup this month, the first for 2019! 🎉 We've got two interesting talks lined up for the night! 𝗨𝘀𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗳𝗶𝗻𝗴𝗲𝗿𝗽𝗿𝗶𝗻𝘁 𝘀𝗰𝗮𝗻𝗻𝗲𝗿 𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝗙𝗮𝗰𝗲𝗜𝗗 𝗶𝗻 𝗪𝗲𝗯 𝗔𝗽𝗽𝗹𝗶𝗰𝗮𝘁𝗶𝗼𝗻𝘀 -- 𝗩𝗮𝘀𝘆𝗹 𝗕𝗼𝗿𝗼𝘃𝗶𝗮𝗸 Vasyl will be going through the possibilities for modern browsers on biometrics, which you can use as 2FA! 𝗟𝗲𝘁'𝘀 𝗽𝘂𝘀𝗵 𝘀𝗼𝗺𝗲 𝗻𝗼𝘁𝗶𝗳𝗶𝗰𝗮𝘁𝗶𝗼𝗻𝘀! -- 𝗖𝗵𝗿𝗶𝘀 𝗝𝗮𝗺𝗲𝘀 Chris will be sharing a walk-through on how to set up and use push notifications in your web applications. Sponsor: 𝗠𝗶𝗰𝗿𝗼𝘀𝗼𝗳𝘁 Level 10, 11 York St Sydney 2000 A huge thanks for our sponsor Microsoft for graciously supporting us by hosting us at such an amazing venue and for providing us with food! We look forward to seeing you on the night!
- SydPWA October 2018
PWA is becoming a major hot topic in web development recently. The SiteMinder and WebDirections are here to back you up with some tech details, news, and food. This time we have two topic: * Next Generation mobile retail with PWA and AMP * 0 to PWA in minutes (convert an existing site into a PWA) Sponsors: * Forever awesome SiteMinder which buys food 🍕 and is also our host 🏢 for the night. https://www.siteminder.com/ * The prominent WebDirection conferences will get you some drinks 🍺. And we've got some discounts to their upcoming event 🎉. https://www.webdirections.org/wds/ Talk 1️⃣ Time: 6:30 - 7:15pm Title: Next Generation mobile retail with PWA and AMP Info: How brands and retailers are leveraging the Progressive Web Apps to increase their mobile revenue and customer engagement. And some tech stuff that makes it all possible Presenters: Dean Maslic - Founder and Principal at Commerce Right, veteran of the mobile web and ecommerce solution expert James Semple - Lead Solutions Engineer at Mobify, mobile commerce evangelist, solution architect and thought leader Background: Commerce Right is a boutique consulting firm helping brands and retailers deliver omni-channel commerce solutions. Based in Sydney it is the only Mobify Implementation Partner in Australia Mobify is a digital experience platform for building modern, customer-first shopping experiences through Progressive Web Apps (PWA), Accelerated Mobile Pages (AMP), and native apps. Established in 2007, Mobify is headquartered in Vancouver, Canada Talk 2️⃣ Time: 7:30pm - 8:00pm Title: 0 to PWA in minutes Info: A lightning journey on the fundamentals required to convert an existing site into a PWA. Presenter: Marcin Piekarski - Started learning how to build sites back in 1998 using Netscape and a text editor. Have worked on projects for companies big and small, including Carsguide, CBA, etc. With my most recent project being the implementation of a PWA on the Harvey Norman, Domayne and Joyce Mayne websites. Background: Harvey Norman is Harvey Norman. See ya there, friends!
- Special occasion - international guest - Maximiliano Firtman
Hey guys! We'll be hosting a PWA meetup this Tuesday 31-st of July. Yeah, I know it's out of our regular schedule, but believe me, it's worth the hassle! Maximiliano Firtman is passing by Sydney to Melbourne's Web Directions Code and have only one night free to share his wisdom with us. Many of you might know Max from his talks online and we've even discussed one of his writings a few meetings ago on PWAs on iOS! https://medium.com/@firt/progressive-web-apps-on-ios-are-here-d00430dee3a7 Topics are: "PWAs for the new platforms (iOS, desktop), tips and tricks" and "Hacking web performance". And then a traditional Q&A panel. Bring your questions! Maximiliano Firtman (@firt) is a mobile and web developer, trainer, speaker, and author. Max teaches mobile HTML5, PWAs and performance trainings for top companies around the world. The founder of ITMaster Academy, Max is a well-known professional in the mobile web community with dozens of articles and online courses published. He has authored many books, including Programming the Mobile Web and High Performance Mobile Web, published by O’Reilly Media. He is a frequent speaker at conferences and many other events around the world. Why go to Melbourne to listen to Max if you can do it for free in Sydney? 😂 Sponsorrrs! Sponsors are the cornerstone, the foundation we rely on every event. Please, praise their coolness! SiteMinder: We're again being sponsored by our awesome friends over at SiteMinder, who are hosting us and sponsoring the food! 🥗🥓🍣 Lookahead Search: Will make sure none leaves the event thirsty by sponsoring the drinks of the night. 🍻🍹🥤 lookahead.com.au Schedule: start at 6pm, talk+Q&A at 6:45pm. Wrap up at 8.
- Q&A panel about PWA tech for startups and marketing
Ello fellow future thinkers. 👋 This night we are bringing the best Progressive Web App minds 🧠 to answer all the questions you have, you will have, and you don't yet have. 🧐 We are going to discuss how a PWA might be a winning strategy 💰 for your business. We'll discuss the recent trends and tricks people do to increase conversion. Technical details? We have answers too! Do you need to convince someone to add progressive features to your web application? Bring them over! NOTE! This time we are going to meet at our sponsor spacious meetup area 🥂- Tyro FinTech Hub https://tyrofintechhub.com/ (lvl 5 155 Clarence St). Just come to the lift, press 5 and you're in. The lovely people SiteMinder https://www.siteminder.com/ are sponsoring food 🍱 . And we all know how great their catering is. The agenda: * 10 min. Chris A James - Quick introduction to the PWA, what some businesses have done with it and their gains. * 5 min. Vasyl - Latest news and interesting facts. * The Q&A panel. See ya there!
- Generic Sensor API and Progressive Widgets Architecture
- Cooking PWA in Angular, and Building online apps for offline use
• What we'll do 1) Aliaksei Kuncevič - "Progressive Web Apps with Angular" How to cook a PWA using latest Angular framework. Aliaksei is a long time frontend engineer. Currently rebuilding a complex business application using latest Angular goodies and TypeScript. He's usually very serious and gives a lot of practical advice of what to use and how to build a decent product. 2) Chris James - “Building online apps for offline use” Sharing my experience from a hackathon, building an online app to be used by a charity while they are off the grid. Chris is a Frontend Architect at SiteMinder. He always gives the funniest talks in Sydney. And speaks the fastest of us all. When Chris presents you'll never get bored even if he speaks about a most boring topic like boring (bore, - verb. Make a hole in something with a tool or by digging). SiteMinder is our marvellous host and sponsor of beverages and extravagant food. Thank you! You're awesome. ===== Have you played with a latest browser tech? WebGL, Web sound, Bluetooth, Web Request Payments, ES2018, object proxy API, headless chrome, etc. Do you have some experience with new tooling for the New Web? We are always looking for speakers. Submit here: github.com/SydPWA/talks • What to bring • Important to know
- Web Workers Introduction and PWA-ifying Google's Santa Tracker at SiteMinder
- Performance analysis, Lighthouse, Tooling and PWAs in a Medical Startup!