What we're about
Warm Welcome to Sydney Cultural Creatives,
If you are reading this, there is a big chance you are a Cultural Creative! Why? Ask yourself if you...
1. …love Nature and are deeply concerned about its destruction
2. …are strongly aware of the problems of the whole planet (global warming, destruction of rainforests, overpopulation, lack of ecological sustainability,exploitation of people in poorer countries) and want to see more action on them, such as limiting economic growth
3. …would pay more taxes or pay more for consumer goods if you could know the money would go to clean up the environment and to stop global warming
4. …place a great deal of importance on developing and maintaining your relationships
5. …place a lot of value on helping other people and bringing out their unique gifts
6. …do volunteering for one or more good causes
7. …care intensely about both psychological and spiritual development
...continue to the list (http://www.elasticmind.ca/innerpreneur/index.php/cultural-creativity/)
Cultural Creatives is a term coined by sociologist Paul H. Ray and psychologist Sherry Ruth Anderson to describe a large part in Western society that strongly resonate with above points. There is a chance that you have thought about it many times but never had courage to say it publicly or in front of your friends feeling that they may not agree with you. There’s a news. They perhaps also thought about it but they are also afraid to say something.
The purpose of this meetup is to bring Cultural Creatives together to support one another in expressing true beliefs and raise creative energy. Where the mind goes the energy flows. An important part of every creative is to sustain the energy. There is no better way to do that but through meditation and energy practices. You may already have an established daily practice and that’s wonderful, if not, this is a place to start. This meetup will focus on that. For those with establish routine we provide support and an outlet for their creative energies. For beginners even more support and a couple of simple techniques to get you on the way.