What we're about
This is a group for first home buyers looking to be successful in buying their first home to live in, learn and support each other through the property buying process.
Here you can relax in a casual, small group setting in a coffee shop, quiet bar or roundtable, to have a real chat about buying property, and learn something useful for your purchase The reason why it is called a workshop is because it will be personalised and held in a small group setting. Meetups will have some kind of topic, property or suburb to chat about, depending on your interest and to start the conversation. You'll learn something new at each catch-up.
Please join if you are eligible for the first home buyers grant. Or if you are a friend/family member that's helping a first home buyer. Your decision on whether or not to buy a home is totally up to you. We’re here just to have a casual chat and learn from each other. Your ideas, and questions are what this group is all about!
A property mentor will attend, to help out with information and insights that will practically assist with your property search. Topics that tend to come up during a meetup could be:
• What kind of home can you buy in Sydney the $650k to $800k price range
• How do you pick a suburb for your purchase
• What does it cost to buy vs rent
• How do you figure out how much you can afford
• How to tell whether a property is a sound purchase in today's environment
• The questions to ask your mortgage broker, accountant or conveyancer
• How the negotiation or auction bidding process works
• Issues to consider when getting finance for a property purchase
You're more than welcome to suggest topics after you've attended a meetup
Contact organiser: firstname.lastname@example.org