What we'll do
Thursday Games - For this event we meet for a friendly, fun and relaxed games night. A small selection of games from our games library will be available at this event, but please also bring any game you wish to play and let everyone know in the comments.
We are committed to always being Beginner Friendly!
New players, feel free to introduce yourself as new to the group via the comments as well! When you arrive I'll try to find you the best group to play in to ensure you have a fun first time at the group.
Cost - To cover venue hire it will be $6 per person. Cash payments not accepted - we can accept Eftpos, Visa, MasterCard, and Amex using chip (insert) or tap payments. Your entry includes a ticket into our monthly door prize draw which is drawn at the end of the month.
What is beginner friendly? Beginner friendly is more of an attitude than limiting you to the 'easy' games. It is standard that anyone who teaches/brings a game will run through rules before playing so even if you're not familiar with the games we play, just let the person teaching the game know your skill level and the players will all chip in to help you out if you want help. We are a friendly and non-competitive group, and this is reinforced through the Code of Conduct we abide by.
Games Library - You can find a link to the list below, if you want a particular game to be in attendance please request this in the comments of this event
Please note some key event and venue rules:
- The venue is a registered club, so you will need to have ID with you and sign in when you enter the venue.
- Social Deduction games are banned, if you wish to explore this game category let me know and I can point you at a few other groups where you can enjoy playing this style of game. Except for Decrypto, Coup, Codenames, Spyfall, and Werewords, The Message, and Deception murder in Hong Kong which are allowed on a trial basis.
- Stay home if you're sick
- No entry to the room before the event start time due to other bookings, hang out a bar instead.
- No external food is allowed, so grab your dinner before arriving please or buy dinner in one of the clubs restaurants (if you buy food or drinks inside the club you're welcome to bring it into the room we play in!)
- RSVPing is essential - due to strict space limitations if you have not been marked as able to attend, you will be turned away. If you do not show up when you have been marked as attending on a repeated basis you will be removed from the group.