What we'll do
The Techfugees Adelaide Chapter is reconvening on Monday, February 10th to design a Roadmap for our activities for 2020. Adelaide is the only active chapter operating in Australia and it is great to have renewed support for Techfugees in 2020.
Our responsibilities as a Techfugees Chapter include:
- Building bridges between tech / entrepreneur / humanitarian and academic ecosystems
- Creating the conditions to enable the development of #tech4refugees projects;
- Evangelising and educating on how to make ethical & great #tech4refugees;
- Promoting & representing Techfugees locally and regionally.
We are very strongly supported by Techfugees Global based in Paris, but also the international chapters located across the world.
Our last Meetup in Dec 2019 we discussed a range of topics that we thought were most relevant to the refugee community in South Australia. These include: Social Inclusion, Language Aquisition and Knowledge Sharing/Cultural Awareness.
- How can we activate these issues in the community?
- What opportunities are there for co-design and human centred design activities?
- How can we best support UniSA College who have reached out to Techfugees to run a hackathon in July 2020?
- How can we 'build a crowd' that can help us grow and support the Techfugees Adelaide Chapter?
If you have ideas or want to know more, then we'd love to meet you at the next Meetup.
We are once again being hosted at Torrens University, Wakefield Street.
We look forward to seeing you there.