What we'll do
💪How designers/developers can be more than the sum of their parts
We have the lovely Sim Brody talking about how to up your game. Here's what he says: Do you design and develop websites or apps? Are you really proud that you have mastered two distinct disciplines? Or do you feel a bit insecure that neither your design or development skills match those of a ‘specialist’?
If you’re anything like me, you sometimes feel a bit of both and wonder how to pitch yourself for potential work or where your skills fit as part of a wider team.
I’m going to argue that we should not undervalue our skills, I’ll share some ideas about ways of working and make a plea to the wider web world to take us more seriously.
📈Blockchain and WordPress
We have David Lockie talking about the threats and opportunities to WordPress and what he's doing to get ahead of the curve.
🍕 Catchup with the WordPress community in Brighton, fuelled by drinks and pizza courtesy of our lovely sponsors Pragmatic!
- 6.00pm - 6.45pm - Welcome and Networking
- 6.45pm - Talks Start
- 8.45pm - Start leaving venue and if anyone wants to continue the chat and informal networking, head to '3 Jolly Butchers' pub, across the road from Platf9rm.
Please let us know if you have any dietary requirements when you RSVP.
- PLATF9RM, FLOOR 6, TOWER POINT, 44 NORTH ROAD, BRIGHTON
- Please ring up to floor 21 on the buzzer directly outside the venue, and someone will let you in. Once inside the building, take the elevator to floor 6.
- venue is accessible for wheelchair users.
- alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks available.
- find us on Twitter @WordUpBrighton (#WordUpBTN) or join us on Slack, in the channel #wordup-brighton.
Do you have a topic for the WordPress Brighton Meetup that you would like to help arrange or could possibly speak at? Get in touch, we'd be delighted to hear from you.