addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-leftarrow-right-10x10arrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcredit-cardcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobe--smallglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1languagelaunch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinlockm-swarmSearchmailmediummessagesminusmobilemoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahooyoutube

Ahmedabad WordPress Meetup Message Board › Related to Best place and Time For Meetup Along with Community Setup

Related to Best place and Time For Meetup Along with Community Setup

Anand T.
user 192654243
Ahmedabad, IN
Post #: 1
First Of All i would like to Thank All the Members of the Group Who joined this Meetup Group.

Now here i need Suggestion from your Guys related to Following points so please do share your views over the same so that we can have our First Meetup Organize very Soon.

• Place Suggestion for the Meetup which will be Accessible by All like any Famous Cafe where we can geather and can have free wifi like such places and they don't have trouble in case we spent some around 1.5 - 2 hrs there.
  • Frequency of the Meetup ? How Frequent do you think We should Meet ?
  • Content of the Meetups ? what you expect from meetup so that we can plan it accordingly.
  • Best Off Business Hr Timings for the Meetup.

I request all of you to please do share your views over this Discussion so that we can be on Conclusion for the Same.

Once Again Thanking all of you and See you Guys onboard on our First meetup.

Anand T.
user 192654243
Ahmedabad, IN
Post #: 2
My Answer to This Questions are as follows.

• CCD or Tea Post near to iscon Or SG High way Surroundings
  • Monthly once or twice.
  • i am Technical Person so want to discuss the Tech. Stuff but open to Content writing & SEO as well.
  • Off. Saturday evening's 5 - 7 seems the best timing for me.

Mehul G.
mehulgohil
Ahmedabad, IN
Hey everyone,

Here are my suggestions:

1. We can plan our first meetup as an introductory meetup for WordPress as we all are strangers for a while but connected with just a single link(i.e. WordPress).
2. I will prefer to schedule meetup on Sunday's as over here at Ahmedabad, some of the companies have saturday day off on 1st and 3rd or 2nd and 4th or half days on Saturdays. So, as per my suggestion, scheduling meetup on saturdays will not be effective.
3. We should schedule a meetup on 1st Sunday of every month which will be beneficial as we can work on the notes taken on our meetup.
4. Currently, we can keep the frequency of meetup to be once per month. But, as per the demand of the members of meetup, we can increase the frequency.
5. For First Meetup, we can plan to have some speakers within our meetup who can provide their valuable suggestion or understanding of WordPress for beginners.

See you all in first meetup...
Vishakha P.
user 203629277
Ahmedabad, IN
Hi All,

First of all, Its nice to see a meet up here at Ahmedabad, Gujarat as there are many web devs and reps here in Gujarat. Thanks for this. :)

1. For people less than 10, Mac D or similar can be the place.
For people up to 50 or 70: Seva cafe can be the place.
For people more than 70, any small hall or place where outer disturbance is not there can be good fit.

2. Initially once a month for 3-4 hours. Later on duration can be changed according to the people interests.

3. People including me attend meet ups mostly to know about current trends of new techniques, technology, expert knowledge, etc... People can share the technology they are working on initially. Tools they are using for development, testing, etc... Types of projects working on. New things they know. Later on this can be changed to individual speech on particular field or similar. For example, one can share some SEO tips he knows and other can share some coding hacks like changing admin password from phpmyadmin.

4. Saturday evening such as 7-9pm or Sunday morning. Reason for Sunday morning is people usually do not have planning of any tasks on Sunday morning (Except a well sleep. :) ) compare to evening.

Naveen J.
jthemes
Ahmedabad, IN
Hi All,

First of all, It was nice to meet members and I loved khandavi/Handvi (Im still confused with its name). Thanks to "Anand Thakkar" for it.

Here are my suggestions

1. To keep in consideration that we don't want to spend $$ on place, I suggested and suggest to have meetup on any company office. I have already proposed mine for people up-to 20. I don't think companies will mind to host such a small meetup, specially on Sunday. CCD/Mcd is good when we just wants to talk but if we would like to have some presentation thn we need a bigger and private/separate place for discussion. Other

2. It should be once in a month or once in two months for now until we have enough topics for discussion.

3. Meetup content should be to use WordPress, its library, resource and improve skills in it. SEO points, Accessibility issue, coding standards, general security, wpcheck and many more. As I understand only few developers follow the guidelines and rest just take code and put it elsewhere to make that specific piece to work but this is not right. If rookie developers can get some guidance from our meetup would be great for them to understand the basic standards.

4. Anytime suits me but I would say 4-6PM

Again thanks for the small intro meetup. As Im new to Ahmadabad, I hope to make new friends through this community.

Thanks

Of topic > Im looking for wp/html developers so anyone interested, Please ping me

Bhargav P.
user 198968491
Ahmedabad, IN
Nice thought and initiative by Anand and his friends. It's now our task to take it on further and keep it on.

1. I have talked to my management and also searching other places.
2. Once in a month.
3. Content should be FunTasking.
4. I would highly recommend and suggest for Saturday evenings.