What we'll do
Anyone and everyone is welcome to attend Barcamps. They are fun, social, as informal as we can make them, educational in many ways; and you get to be a participant in it, perhaps helping keep it a notch away from anarchy, and leading or participating in the discussion sessions that arise.
Next Barcamp is at the Gold Coast Techspace (http://gctechspace.org), right in the heart of Mudgeeraba Village. All food, drink and coffee is provided courtesy of Advance Queensland (http://advanceqld.initiatives.qld.gov.au) - thank you Queensland Government!
Please register right here on this meetup group!
Note we have moved the camp to Sunday as many people said this was a better day for them with less clashes with other activities.
What is a barcamp?
• wikipedia: "barcamp" (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BarCamp)
• barcamp.org (http://barcamp.org/)
• Guidelines on how it works ("rules") (http://barcamp.org/w/page/405173/TheRulesOfBarCamp) . We loosely follow some of these :-)
Twitter : #barcampgc
Getting there :
• Driving: see the Google Map (https://goo.gl/maps/Dj7feNbWwzL2). There is plenty of parking there. If you far away and need a ride or happy to pick someone up - feel free to use comments below to arrange something.
• Public Transport: Train to Robina Station, then get the 758 bus towards Merimac (or get an Uber (http://uber.com) - it's about a 5-10min drive away)
• Arrive any time after 9am, to help set up, or drink coffee :-).
Prizes and Giveaways
We will have a number of prizes and swag to give away on the day. However: to be eligible you need to be RSVPd on this group. If you are not RSVPd - you get nothing! You have been warned!