What we'll do
Everyone is most welcome to join in this 7.2km (176m elevation) easy hike around the very popular Lysterfield Park (and Lake). Come early and join us for a cuppa @ Maccas.
6:15pm (optional) COFFEE STOP
• McDonald's - Matthew Flinders Rd (cnr Heatherton Rd), Endeavour Hills
6:50pm - Lysterfield Park Hike
• Horswood Rd, Lysterfield
FURTHER EVENT INFO
WHAT TO BRING
• Torch (head torch or hand torch)
• Sufficient water (1 litre+)
• Suitable outdoor clothing. Check the forecast on the day before you leave.
• Rainwear & warm jacket
• Beanie and gloves
• A friendly spirit :-)
The after hours car park on the right as you approach the gates (which will be closed) entering into Lysterfield Park from Horswood Rd. I will be wearing a black backpack with fluro yellow stripes. PLEASE come 10 minutes early as we will be leaving at 7pm sharp. If you can’t find us (as a last resort) call me on[masked].
MAP OF THE EVENT
1. Download the AllTrails App and create your profile
2. Click on "Profile" (bottom right of screen)
3. Click on "Following"
4. Search for "Paul iHike iRide iRun" and select
5. Click on "Follow" at the bottom
6. Click on "Maps" then scroll down to the map you're looking for
All events will take place even in challenging weather conditions (rain/heat/snow) so take courage (and wise precautions) and embrace the opportunity. Cancellations will only happen if extreme weather conditions are forecast. If unsure check the App for notifications the night before.
EASY – A base level of fitness is still required for “easy” events. The distance may not be too demanding and there may not be too many hills but the task must not be underestimated.
MODERATE – A solid level of fitness is necessary for a “moderate” event. Distances will be increased and long hills are guaranteed. Such events are not for everybody. Build up gradually.
HARD – An advanced level of fitness and experience are essential for “hard” events. Read ALL the details of the event thoroughly before signing up. Participants must have recently accomplished similar long events with many challenging hills. If you’re not sure do NOT sign up as a misguided choice will probably put yourself and the whole group at risk.
If you or anyone under your care has any special needs or relevant medical conditions please advise the leader of the event immediately on arrival.
This event is NOT suitable for primary school aged children. Teenagers under the age of 18 must be under the constant supervision of a parent or guardian.
SAFETY & RESPECT
• During all events everyone has the right to feel safe and respected. If at any stage you witness unacceptable behaviour please advise the leader of the event immediately.
• The event leader has the right (and duty) to prevent someone from participating in the activity if they do not have the necessary clothing, food/water, equipment or disposition to ensure a safe experience for themselves and others.
• I strongly recommend that you read this extremely important PDF called "Walk Safe" by Bushwalking Victoria:
• Please download the Emergency+ App
Our events may sometimes be difficult and considerably hazardous and due care will be taken to make sure that everyone is supported and safe. However, the organiser will not accept liability for any injury or accident. Participants should take care, wear suitable clothing and footwear, maintain their equipment, and act appropriately in their surroundings. You are responsible for your own safety. By RSVP’ing to this event you indicate acceptance of these terms. It is very strongly recommended that everyone has ambulance cover, as even an ankle injury could lead to costly evacuation.