What we'll do
It's your choice - run/ride/walk with us the 4.7km flat circuit around Albert Park Lake at your own pace for 90 minutes then meet a bunch of friendly faces for a cuppa at 10:30am.
ALBERT PARK VISITOR GUIDE
WHAT TO BRING
• Sufficient water (although there are several drinking fountains all around the track)
• Suitable clothing/shoes. Check the forecast on the day before you leave.
• BYO bike and helmet (if riding)
• Perhaps a beanie and gloves
• A friendly spirit :-)
At the outdoor fitness equipment at the northern most part of Albert Park Lake (see photo attached). I will be wearing black shorts and a blue T-Shirt with a black beanie and black gloves. PLEASE come 10 minutes early as we will be leaving at 9am sharp. If you can’t find us (as a last resort) call me on[masked].
There is free parking on Albert Rd Drive (see photo attached).
COFFEE STOP (after the event)
The Boatshed Cafe - 3 Aquatic Drive, Albert Park
All events will take place even in challenging weather conditions (rain/heat/snow) so take courage (and wise precautions) and embrace the opportunity. Cancellations will only happen if extreme weather conditions are forecast. If unsure check the App for notifications the night before.
EASY – A base level of fitness is still required for “easy” events. The distance may not be too demanding and there may not be too many hills but the task must not be underestimated.
MODERATE – A solid level of fitness is necessary for a “moderate” event. Distances will be increased and long hills are guaranteed. Such events are not for everybody. Build up gradually.
HARD – An advanced level of fitness and experience are essential for “hard” events. Read ALL the details of the event thoroughly before signing up. Participants must have recently accomplished similar long events with many challenging hills. If you’re not sure do NOT sign up as a misguided choice will probably put yourself and the whole group at risk.
If you or anyone under your care has any special needs or relevant medical conditions please advise the leader of the event immediately on arrival.
This event is NOT suitable for primary school aged children. Teenagers under the age of 18 must be under the constant supervision of a parent or guardian.
SAFETY & RESPECT
• During all events everyone has the right to feel safe and respected. If at any stage you witness unacceptable behaviour please advise the leader of the event immediately.
• The event leader has the right (and duty) to prevent someone from participating in the activity if they do not have the necessary clothing, food/water, equipment or disposition to ensure a safe experience for themselves and others.
• Please download the Emergency+ App
Our events may sometimes be difficult and considerably hazardous and due care will be taken to make sure that everyone is supported and safe. However, the organiser will not accept liability for any injury or accident. Participants should take care, wear suitable clothing and footwear, maintain their equipment, and act appropriately in their surroundings. You are responsible for your own safety. By RSVP’ing to this event you indicate acceptance of these terms. It is very strongly recommended that everyone has ambulance cover, as even an ankle injury could lead to costly evacuation.