The Nana Care meetup group is a community of parents with young children and nanas who connect and offer support and advice. You might be a parent who works and has difficulty balancing work, parenting and child care or a parent who has recently moved to a new community away from your traditional family support system. You may be a nana whose children have moved away and you know you have something to offer to young families in your community.
• Learning - From articles to live presentations, our group is all about supporting parents with advice and knowledge from nanas and parents who have ‘been there, done that’
• Networking - get together with like-minded parents and nanas in your local community in a family friendly environment
• Communicate – let other members know of your needs and wants and communicate openly in a forum environment
• Resources – become aware of the numerous resources that can help you manage your daily parenting and community activities
• Activities – we update members to current local community events that are relevant to their families
• Safety – communities are safer when community members know each other. The Nana Care meetup group offers a way for members of the community to come together and support each other.
We are parents and nanas just like you. Come and offer the benefit of your experience or ask us to help you with your challenges. So much experience in each community. We are here to offer our consolidated expertise. You could say we are parents helping other parents. Nanas are parents too.
In the hustle and bustle of daily life, communities no longer seem to have many of the support structures that nanas had for their children. We hope to activate additional family friendly community support through introducing parents with young children to nanas in their community.
Our group welcomes parents with young children and nanas from all over Sydney although meetups will mostly be in the Sydney CBD to start.
Please visit nana.care for more information.
Images by Freepik
Membership is open to everyone
Content of this Meetup Group is only visible to members