Seattle Entrepreneurs Message Board › Power Networking Tip #3
|A former member||
If you want to gain the most out of business networking, follow the Ten Commandments of Networking!
1) Thou shalt drop the "what is in it for me?" attitude.
2) Thou shalt listen.
3) Thou shalt build a relationship.
4) Thou shalt give the first referral.
5) Thou shalt not tell others of the referral you require; thou shalt "show them" with a story.
6) Thou shalt be specific of the type of referral.
7) Thou shalt reciprocate when appropriate.
8) Thou shalt participate in the network functions.
9) Thou shalt thank the person who gave a referral.
10) Thou shalt follow up on the referral within 24 hours.
Business networking is productive and fun, and that is why it will always be part of the Bigger Picture.
Ameriplan - An affordable alternative to expensive health insurance.
Edited by User 3,693,153 on May 14, 2007 3:57 PM