addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

San Diegans Who Care about the Environment Message Board San Diegans Who Care about the Environment Discussion Forum › Green Homes Tour/Expo/Upcycling/Gardening Event

Green Homes Tour/Expo/Upcycling/Gardening Event

Janelle H.
user 17120801
San Diego, CA
Post #: 2
Hi there!

I am a Special Events Intern with a local environmental non profit organization, the Lakeside River Park Conservancy. We are partnering with Cuyamaca College for the 2011 Fall Garden and Home Festival. This will be a day long event showcasing the best in green living, gardening, crafting and art along with live music, lectures, demonstrations and food! There will be a green living expo and a Homes Tour. This is sure to be a fantastic event with something for everyone. Details can be found at www.gardenandhomefest.org­

My part of this event is to organize a live art show of local artists (of ALL skill levels) restoring and Upcycling small, used pieces of furniture. My organization will be providing the furniture pieces and some basic supplies, but we are encouraging artists to bring any mediums that they are comfortable using. We are looking for 5-10 environmentalists who would be interested in donating their time and talent to participate in a day-long Upcycling demonstration. The finished pieces will be sold/raffled off to help sustain ongoing projects of the LRPC (www.lakesideriverpark.org­)

If you or someone you know would be interested in volunteering for this fantastic and fun event, please message me for more details! Hope to see you there!

Thank you!!!