This is a meetup, but not a casual friendly hanging out, discussing WordPress together (we do that just after we're done with business!).
Pune Wordex has a specific objective: users of all kinds (developers, bloggers, etc) should exchange knowledge with each other.
Expect: Hackathons, WordPress Recipes, Tips for Commercialisation, Training Sessions, Effective blogging/publishing with WordPress, How to write well, etc
Good Faith Rules:
• WordPress Meetups are for the benefit of the WordPress community as a whole, not specific businesses or individuals. All actions taken as an event organizer are with the best interest of the community in mind.
• Membership in the local meetup group is open to all who wish to join, regardless of ability, skill, financial status or any other criteria.
• Meetups are volunteer-run with volunteer speakers. In cases where a modest attendance fee might be necessary, this fee should only cover the costs of the meetup and shouldn’t be used to pay speakers or organizers.
• Meetup groups allow events to be organized by any reliable/trusted member of the community.
• Meetups are welcoming places where everyone works to foster an accepting environment which is free of discrimination, incitement to violence, promotion of hate, and general jerk-like behavior.
This meetup will be an Open discussion, Q&A related to WordPress. A good place to discuss any questions you might have about your website, or maybe an issue in your project that you’re stuck on or just a casual discussion related to WordPress.
We are hoping to have this meetup every first Friday of every month!
- Bringing along your laptop will be useful.
- This is not an invitation to get paid work done free or to solicit work either.
When we talk about a CMS, we see a rise in the interest for headless CMS.
WordPress is one of the most popular CMS, and using React, for the front-end has its own advantages.
According to Google Trends, we see an upward incline for headless in 2015, which is the year public GraphQL specification was developed.
GraphQL has since become an open standard.
Let's learn how GraphQL can be an important part of what makes WordPress headless CMS with React, an attractive option.
In this meetup, you will learn:
1- Basics of GraphQL
2- Building a React theme using WordPress as headless CMS.
3- Using wp-grapql plugin, that brings the power of GraphQL to WordPress.
4- Fetch data from WordPress, to front-end React application using GraphQL.
- Pre-installed Node Js and WordPress.
- Carry laptops if you would like to code along
Learn React Basics
Wifi and Coffee - on the house