This group is for anyone interested in the Open-Source platform WordPress. These WordPress Meetups take place around Mumbai on a monthly basis. The meetups are informal and open to everyone from user to developer to designer.
We follow the "Five Good Faith Rules":
• WordPress Meetups are for the benefit of the WordPress community as a whole, not specific businesses or individuals. All actions taken as an event organizer are with the best interest of the community in mind.
• Membership in the local meetup group is open to all who wish to join, regardless of ability, skill, financial status or any other criteria.
• Meetups are volunteer-run with volunteer speakers. In cases where a modest attendance fee might be necessary, this fee should only cover the costs of the meetup and shouldn’t be used to pay speakers or organizers.
• Meetup groups allow events to be organized by any reliable/trusted member of the community.
• Meetups are welcoming places where everyone works to foster an accepting environment which is free of discrimination, incitement to violence, promotion of hate, and general jerk-like behavior.
A Basic Workshop introducing users to WordPress:
- Introduction to WordPress
- Installing WordPress
- Using WordPress
- Possibilities in WordPress
The Workshop is for beginners, who have heard of WordPress and are wondering how to use it, no programming or HTML knowledge is required.
The venue for the meetup is provided by WeWork.
- The Workshop will be held in Room 4B.
- Attendees need to Check-in via the guest registration tablet at the front desk, as a guest of Benston Dsouza, when they arrive at WeWork for the Workshop.
- Please carry a Photo ID.