Lo que hacemos
This meetup group offers performing artists in Puerto Vallarta an opportunity to gather and enjoy their talents with other friends of the popular musical group "Time 2 Play". While the focus is musical performance, meetup group members include singers, dancers, dramatists, comedians and musicians ranging from classical to pop, folk and jazz ... all are welcome.
Time 2 Play began when four Canadian friends who had once made music together found themselves retired in paradise with, once again, "Time 2 Play". Since the group's first performance in 2011, Time 2 Play has grown in popularity, appearing at both public and private functions in the PV area.
T2P open mic nights typically occur monthly during the winter season. The emphasis is on casual informality and fun. "This is not a vehicle for promoting professional shows, auditions for our existing group, or about making money", says Garry Carson of Time 2 Play. In fact all proceeds from T2P performances are gifted to local charities. "We haven't had this much fun in years, and we would just like to continue the tradition of gathering together, making music, and laughing with our friends."
Provided by Time 2 Play and Boutique Theatre @ Nacho Daddy:
- Theatre space (with A/C) accommodating up to 80 attendees
- Sound system with up to 3 mics
- Amplifiers for guitars (or other electrical instruments)
- Electronic Keyboard
- CD player for pre-recorded accompaniment
- Performances will be limited to the first 12 members to “sign up” on line.
- Meet-ups will last a maximum of 2 1/2 hours (7:00 to 9:30 PM)
- Each performance will be allotted up to 6 minutes “mic time” (or time enough for two
- Performers will provide their own instruments and accompaniment (other than equipment supplied by T2P
- Attendance for performers and audience will be free. Restaurant services are available from Nacho Daddy. Donations to cover Boutique Theatre expenses would be appreciated.