Lo que hacemos
Let's get together and check out museums, cinema, music, lectures, festivals and all things interesting. It's a great way to meet new people and socialize with your fellow brainiacs.
There's so much going on in this city.
Join this group if:
You like learning things, going to museums, science lectures, and you can't get your regular crew to go with you.
Perhaps you went to engineering school, but you use hair conditioner anyway.
You're intelligent and you have social skills, even though you might have a video game or two (or three) on your hard drive.
If you're willing to let your geek flag fly, please join us. Event suggestions encouraged.
And, if there's something you want to go to that our organizers can't make, we can post the event anyway to rally the Nerd Herd to keep you company. Just let us know.
Hair conditioner optional.
The Nerd Fun Creed:
* Nerds RSVP "yes" only when they're sure they can show - 'cuz Nerds are wicked smart and are able to plan ahead reliably - Nerds don't let their fellow nerds down.
* Nerds also know how to set up email filters so they can handle the quantity of email that meetup produces. ;-)
* And lastly, organizers have the right to disallow you from coming to an event if they can't see a photo of you on your profile page.
Do you consider yourself a "NERD".
The Urban Dictionary (http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?t... (http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Nerd))
defines Nerd as:
1. One whose IQ exceeds his weight.
2. An individual persecuted for his superior skills or intellect, most often by people who fear and envy him.
3. An 'individual', i.e. a person who does not conform to society's beliefs that all people should follow trends and do what their peers do. Often highly intelligent but socially rejected because of their obsession with a given subject, technology, fandom, cosplay, sci-fi/fantasy.
Correct usage of the adjective in a sentence:
"Nerds are clearly superior to us in every way.. Let's worship them as our Gods"