addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobe--smallglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1launch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Atheists and Ex-religious of Greater Vancouver Message Board › When It Feels Good To Quit

When It Feels Good To Quit

TheDruid-3X3
TheDruid-3X3
Surrey, BC
Post #: 1,628
Awens To All:

Boy did it ever Feel Good To Quit the Vancouver Meditation Meetup Group.

The Organizer of that Meetup Group tried Forcing his Theravada Buddhism Rules and Regulations down my Throat by Forbidding me to bring Tarot Cards to one of his Meetup Events.

So responded by telling him to take his Buddhistic Dogmatic Rules and Regulations and Shove-em.

I have not felt this Good Leaving A Meetup Group since December 9th 2009.

3X3
marty
marty
Group Organizer
Burnaby, BC
Post #: 62
I don't think it's terribly unreasonable for an organizer to ask NOT to bring tarot cards to a meeting.
I think it's a tad inappropriate to bring them in the first place though.
... just saying...
TheDruid-3X3
TheDruid-3X3
Surrey, BC
Post #: 1,629
Bringing Tarot Cards to a Meetup is within my Rights to Freedom of Self Expression and Freedom of Speech with is Reserved for all under the Canadian Charter of Rights & Freedoms which I spent 8 Year in the Canadian Army willing to Fight, Suffer and make some other Poor Dumb Bastard Die for his Cause to Protect - Just Saying.

That is why I left the Vancouver Meditation Meetup Group and joined the Vancouver Meditation, Healing & Spirituality Meetup Group because they allow such Freedoms within their Membership.

3X3
Matt
mussels
Burnaby, BC
Post #: 37
(against my better judgment not to feed the troll....)

I agree with Marty. This isn't a question about your rights and freedoms as a citizen. It's about how you behave in someone else's "home."

Meetup groups aren't government institutions or public parks. They're social groups set up by private individuals in order to spend time on common interests with like-minded individuals.

If I set up a knitting meetup, I would have every right to ask you please not to bring your painting supplies.

Likewise, whoever set up the meditation meetup has every right to ask that attendees not do other stuff besides meditation there, and they also have every right if they want to focus on a specific kind (e.g. Theravada Buddhist) meditation. It's their group, not yours.

If you want to have some kind of meditation-via-tarot meetup, pay the meetup organizer fee yourself and create one. That's the place to exercise your rights and freedoms, not in someone else's meetup.
TheDruid-3X3
TheDruid-3X3
Surrey, BC
Post #: 1,630
Here is a Scene from the John Wayne Alamo Movie that I have always liked when John Wayne speaks about doing Right & Wrong and how there are times that one gets Stomped or Walloped for standing up for what it Right:

http://www.youtube.co...­

3X3
marty
marty
Group Organizer
Burnaby, BC
Post #: 63
yeah, you're wrong though
I'da kicked you outta my group too. I pay, if you don't play with us kids, you're gone, bye
marty
marty
Group Organizer
Burnaby, BC
Post #: 64
... go and kill some people somewhere John Wayne
TheDruid-3X3
TheDruid-3X3
Surrey, BC
Post #: 1,638
Actually, to tell the Truth, I was Censored on that guys Meetup Group before, so I Protested by Stepping Down as Assistant Organizer and Swore to myself if he Censored Me Again, that I would Leave The Group All Together.

So when he Censored my Tarot Card Reading so soon after my coming back after finishing my 8 month Workaholic Bender (working all 7 Days per week), I Left The Group.

Censoring me is on the List of Fastest Ways to PO Me Off.

Just Saying.

3X3
TheDruid-3X3
TheDruid-3X3
Surrey, BC
Post #: 1,639
It should be noted that I have made Grandiose Announcements about my bringing my Tarot Cards to this Meetup at Station Square Mall.

None of the Organizers Censored me from doing so, so I brought my Tarot Cards although I got No Reading Requests.

But the Point Is: No One Tried Censoring Me From Bringing The Cards!!!

That Prooves that MOST of the People of this Meetup Group actually do Practice Agnosticism.

3X3
TheDruid-3X3
TheDruid-3X3
Surrey, BC
Post #: 1,640
yeah, you're wrong though
I'da kicked you outta my group too. I pay, if you don't play with us kids, you're gone, bye

I know of your being into Kicking People Out of Meetup Groups. Thats why I would Never be a Member of any Group of which you are an Organizer.

You may be Atheist, but you are definitely Not Agnostic.

3X3