Week-end trip to Bruges and Brussels (Belgium)
Week-end of the 25th and 26th of May 2013
From Bruges to Brussels, come discover Belgium's two finest cities. Every aspects of the facscinating country beckons you to learn about the culture of Art!
Visit Bruges over a weekend, exploring the narrow roads, romantic canals, quiet parks and relive the past … Pass through Brussels, capital of modern Art. Admire its architectural wonders, overflowing museums and famous comic strips. Taste its famous beers and delicious chocolates! A trip which will fill you with unforgettable experiences! !!!
“It isn’t without reason that Bruges has been named the “Venice of the North”. The historical district is encircled by a canal, and subdivided by several smaller ones on which boat tours are available. This medieval city has managed to retain all the splendor of its medieval architectural heritage. Its historical district is listed as a UNESCO World Heritage Site due to its Gothic style brick buildings and “Flemish Primitive” artistic masterpieces.
For romantics, Bruges can be explored by horse-drawn carriage or “Bateau Mouche”. The more athletically minded can rent a bike..
A museum city
You could spend days strolling through the medieval district of Bruges, in the quaint alleys, crossing its ancient bridges, walking along the well-lit canals, admiring fine historical homes and modest steepled houses of worship. You won’t forget the quiet atmosphere of the Beguinage, the “Lac d’Amour”, the artistic merit of its many monuments, nor the museums containing fine art.
Saved for the most part from the ravages of time, this seaside town has managed to preserve the relics of its rich past, which now make it one of the most popular tourist destinations in France…
Among the streets bristling with comic strip heroes, beautiful Art nouveau, culinary delights or the fashionable neighborhoods of Saint-Jacques and Saint-Géry, no other destination can preserve such a lifestyle. The downtown area’s major history can be pleasantly discovered via a single fun itinerary. Indeed, its most beautiful historical monuments are concentrated within a walkable area, allowing you to stroll through various atmospheres within about an hour.
The great square "Grand Place"
Without a doubt the most splendid area in Brussels, the Great Square is rich with beautiful architecture. It boasts the most beautiful Baroque style guildhalls, popular sidewalk cafés and intimate restaurants in the country. Hidden from the old city’s core, it is only revealed when you pass through the narrow side alleys surrounding the square, whose discrete location adds to its charm.
For more information and to reserve your spot, please go to Bruges and Brussels Tour Page and use ‘Book Online’ link on the bottom. The member price is 128 euros; instead of 138 euros please use ‘MEETUP7985’ promotion code to get 10 euros discount.
Be sure to book directly your reservation. Accepting invitation is not sufficient to participate in the event.
To book and pay online, please Click on : http://www.budgetourism.com/itour/manual/reservation/reservation.php?excursionId=34&_lang=en&offerCode=MEETUP7985
Unique opportunity to connect with your fellow Internationalists and Expats and share a meaningful experience! So mark on your calendar, May 25th and 26th 2013, the date not to be missed!
Price : 135,00 € 128,00 € (only for payments before the 21st of May (code: 'MEETUP7985') includes:
- Transport by coach
- Guided tours of Bruges
- The accommodation in shared rooms (3 to 4 persons per room)
- Breakfast of Sunday morning
- Meeting at 6:30 am on the stairs of the Opéra Garnier (metro Opéra, lines 3-7-8 and RER A, station Auber)
- Departure for Bruges
- Arrival to Bruges at around 11:00 am
- Guided walking tour of the historical part of Bruges, during which discover the historical city center and admire its wonders such as the Béguinage, the Love Lake, the Grand’Place, Notre Dame Church…
- Time for lunch (not included) at Bruges
- Free time to walk around and explore Bruges’s museums and monuments (Béguinages, Choco-story, the Beffroi, the city hall, the Diamond museum…). Additionally, you can enjoy a boat ride on the canal.
- Departure for Brussels
- Diner and evening out at Brussels
- Night at the hostel in the center of Brussels
- Breakfast at the hostel
- Self-guided tour of the monuments of Brussels (Grand’place, the king’s house, Atomium, Manneke Pis, Saint Michel Cathedral,…)
- Free time for lunch
- Free time to explore Brussels famous museum (Horta museum, Bellevue museum, Belgian brewer museum, the national gallery, Belgian comics museum)
- Departure for Paris at 6:00 pm
- Arrival expected around 10:00 pm
Please note that in this tour all guided tours will be done in English as well as in French.
Be sure to BOOK directly your reservation. Accepting invitation is not sufficient to participate in the event