addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1launch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

The New York Experimental Music Meetup Group Message Board › looking for participants for art/film project

looking for participants for art/film project

A former member
Post #: 12
Hello,

I am an artist from Germany living in London, who is looking for Germans living in NYC who would be interested to participate in a film project that will be realised in NYC from early February to April next year.

I received the Boise Travel Scholarship from institutions in London, including the Slade School of Fine Art, Chisenhale Gallery, Alison Jacques Gallery, Birkbeck College to produce a film installation.

With the work, I intend to investigate how cultural productions have been used to deal with German history. I plan to have separate conversations with 7 different Germans living in NYC and use different notions as a starting point for each participant. The notions can be for example "memory", "silence" (in opposition to language), "trauma", "the body", "architecture", "cultural productions" and the "witness". From there a conversation shall develop.

I just wanted to note that this is not about conveying specific knowledge and I don't expect the participants to have expert knowledge in this area at all, just an interest to discuss such issues. This is more about personal opinions and experiences.

I plan to transcribe the interview and record the participant and me reading the transcript which will take place in a theatre space without audience.

I am aware that this is quite general and I am happy to go through this in more detail with those who are interested. You can contact me via this message board or at info[at]graceschwindt[dot]net and you can see some other works at http://www.graceschwi...­

I am looking forward to replies, thanks a lot!

Grace Schwindt