Triangle UXPA is hosting their first lightning talk of the year and it's about UX process. If you're new or curious about UX, this is a great opportunity to learn more about the various activities UX practitioners do; and if you're well-seasoned, it's a great way to see how others are practicing.
Lightning talks are condensed, fast-paced presentations, where each presenter is given 5 minutes to present 20 slides and slides advance every 15 seconds. It sounds intense, but is a lot of fun. Each presenter will be focusing on a part of their process, for example, how they create wireframes, techniques on usability testing, or how they create an information architecture for a website, etc.
Here are the speakers for the evening (in no particular order):
“Modular UX Process” - Jacob Geib-Rosch, Duke University
• “Applying Emotional Intelligence Concepts to UX” - Andrés Richner, Intelligaia
• “Giving and Getting Feedback on Designs” - Kimberly Chang, Fidelity Charitable
• “In the Zone” - Andrew Wirtanen, Citrix
• “Building an Atomic UX Design System in Jekyll” - Todd Moy, Viget
• “Accessibility QA Process” - Joel Crawford-Smith
• “The Importance of Sketching” - Michelle Chin, Citrix
• "Collaboration on Rails" - John Romano, PointSource
We'll also be providing food (think heavy hors d'oeuvres) and beverages - thanks Triangle UXPA!
The Citrix Raleigh office is in the Warehouse District of Downtown Raleigh. We have ample free parking in the parking deck, which you can enter from S. West Street. A security guard will be there to let you in the deck, he/she will be asking for your name - MAKE SURE YOUR FIRST AND LAST NAME ARE USED ON THIS MEETUP (If you don't want your full name listed here, you can email me through meetup.com). There’s also street parking available. When you arrive, enter in through the first floor and sign in at the security desk - they will have a roster of attendees for the event.
6:30 - sign in
7:00 - lightning talks begin!
8:30 - informal networking
• Citrix - venue
• Triangle UXPA - beverages and snacks, event co-host
• If your company or organization is interested in sponsoring this event or future ones, please contact Michelle.