Interested in prototyping,* but not sure where to start? Overwhelmed by the tools out there? Want to make sure you’re keeping up on current tools? Come join us for an evening dedicated to harnessing the power of prototyping!
We’ll begin with a round of lightning talks from six UX designers on their tool/method of choice (each only gets five minutes to present). Then, get ready for a deeper dive - we’ll have three rounds of breakout sessions so you can pick which tools you’d like to learn more about.
Lightning talks are condensed, face-paced presentations. Each talk will be about one prototyping tool and will include:
• An overview of the prototyping tool or technique
• Pros and cons
• What types of prototypes the tool is great for
Breakout sessions will be hosted by the presenter and include:
• Working examples of prototypes
• A basic behind-the-scenes view of a prototype
• An opportunity to ask the presenter questions
We'll be serving heavy hors d'oeuvres for the event, which is provided by Intelligaia!
What tools will be represented?
Here's our lineup for the evening:
• Keynote – Andrés Richner, Intelligaia
• Axure – James Gartrell and Erik Johnson, Purpose UX
• InVision – Emily Parker, WillowTree
• Principle – Joe Bond, Centerline Digital
• Jekyll – Rick Evans, RoleModel Software
• Marvel – Graham Langdon, RoleModel Software
exploreUX events are open to anyone with an open, curious, and questioning mind, whether you are currently a UX practitioner or not.
*For clarification, this event will be on tools for creating interactive prototypes, not tools that produce clickable wireframes (Balsamiq, OmniGraffle, etc.).
The Citrix Raleigh office is in the Warehouse District of Downtown Raleigh. We have ample free parking in the parking deck, which you can enter from S. West Street. This is a gated deck, so hit the call box button to bet let in. The security office will ask for your name - MAKE SURE YOUR FIRST AND LAST NAME ARE USED ON THIS MEETUP (If you don't want your full name listed here, you can email me through meetup.com). There’s also street parking available. When you arrive, enter in through the first floor (level CY on the elevator) and sign in at the security desk - they will have a roster of attendees for the event.
• 6:30 - Sign-in and grab refreshments
• 7:00 - Lightning talks! (6 presentations)
• 8:00 - Breakout sessions (get a deeper dive on 3 tools)
• 9:15 - Informal networking
• Citrix - venue
• Triangle UXPA - event co-host
• Intelligaia - food
• Fluid UI
If your company or organization is interested in sponsoring this event or future ones, please contact Michelle.
And a very special thanks to our food sponsor: