This will be the next in the series of weekday F/Stops photo excursions around the LA area (except that this particular one will meet, for ease of parking, on a Saturday). As always, it is designed to be an informal opportunity for photography as well as a chance to interact among our fellow photographers.
On Saturday, March 23rd at 09:00am, we will meet at the North Hollywood Redline Station. We will gather at the street level entrance to the underground before descending down the escalators.
This will be a little different from our normal one-stop meet-ups in that we will be travelling from station to station. We will photograph station platform areas and then continue on to another station. Each of the stations is designed differently, has a unique personality and is a really good subject for pictures. I doubt that we will hit every station from North Hollywood to Union Station but we can photograph a good number of them. We’ll have about 24 minutes at each station we stop at. We will not be in a rush and can be very flexible with our time. The trains run every 12 minutes.
1.There is no parking fee and there are about 650 free spaces. (On weekdays it’s impossible to find a space. That’s why this is scheduled for a Saturday.)
2. The all-day Metro Pass is $5.00. The pass is put on a little plastic card called a TAP card. If you have one already, bring it. If you don’t, the machine will issue you one (that you keep) for an extra dollar.
3. For anyone unfamiliar with the procedure, we will discuss the ticketing process before we head down the escalator.
4. There will be some walking, escalators and a few stairs.
5. I have found out that tripods are not allowed. It was my mistake in saying that they were OK. Also, no flash photography is allowed.
6. Please go to http://www.metro.net/riding/maps/red-line/ to get the North Hollywood Station address and other Red Line information.
7. If you want to get an idea about the stations, go to http://www.metro.net/about/art/ and click on the Red Line and various stations. You can also Google Image search “Metro Red Line Stations”.
8. If anyone wants to carpool, I recommend meeting at Woodley Park for an 8:15am departure. Meet me at the parking lot that is on Woodley Ave, a quarter of a mile south of Victory Blvd on the east side of the street. Look for my orange Honda Element. It's easy to spot.
9. Contact me, John Grusd, via email at [masked] if you have any questions.