Our May event, hosted in partnership with WGSN INstock (http://www.wgsninstock.com/), a vendor of real-time retail data analytics, will feature a panel of leading experts in fashion retail, forecasting, merchandising and analytics. A cocktail reception will follow, providing an opportunity for the audience and panelists to meet and share ideas. The panelists will discuss the latest innovations in online analytics and digital tools that empower precision decision making in the digital age.
• 6:00-6:30pm - cocktail reception & networking on the terrace
• 6:30-7:30pm - speaker panel and Q&A
• 7:30-8:30pm - cocktail reception & networking continue
1. Rick Platt - Group President, Brand Management at Sequential Brands Group (http://sequentialbrandsgroup.com/).
Rick has over 20 years of experience and success in Brand Management, licensing, merchandising, marketing and strategic direction. Rick started his career in retail, first with May Department Stores, rising to General Manager, then Ames Department Stores, rising to Merchandise Manager of Textiles. Rick then spent 7 years in sports marketing and merchandising, first at MLB and then at the NFL, working closely with teams, licensees and sponsors to help grow the retail and licensed business. After 2 years in wholesale, Rick returned to the licensing business as Managing Director of Pillowtex, then a new licensing company that owned some of the largest textile brands in the industry - Cannon, Royal Velvet, Fieldcrest and Charisma. After 3 years of successfully licensing all 4 brands into the Home market as full lifestyle brands, Pillowtex was sold to Iconix. Next, Rick became President of the Waverly Home business. With a focus on new marketing strategies and new licensing partners, Waverly was built into a full lifestyle brand, and ultimately sold to Iconix. After that, Rick joined Brand Matter, the entity that owned both Ellen Tracy & Caribbean Joe, as President. In 4 years at Brand Matter, through comprehensive licensing and marketing strategies, the royalty revenue tripled and the total license base increased from 6 to 50.
2. Loree Lash - VP of Sales for WGSN INstock (http://www.wgsninstock.com/) - the advanced data science to enable fashion companies to make better buying decisions. She is one of the USA’s leading figures in brand building and fashion retail, including senior roles in the retail and technology industries. Loree joins from YESIMO and previously MyShape, where she was SVP Business Development & Strategic Partnerships. Loree began her career as a designer and progressed into e-commerce and the fashion tech space – drawing on her extensive understanding of fashion industry and love of technology. Pulling on her uniquely strong background in Start-ups, Design, Brand Building, Fashion Tech and Merchandising. Constantly keeping ahead of the latest trends in Fashion, Tech and Retail. Loree’s deep understanding of the wholesale & retail landscape gives her an entirely unique insight to our consumers, vendors and partners. Now building on her career expertise to develop the next fashion retail frontier in a truly powerful market intelligence tool.
3. Lauren Sherman - Editor-at-Large at Fashionista (http://Fashionista.com). Brooklyn-based writer Lauren Sherman began her career as a lifestyle reporter at Forbes, and has since held executive positions at both Fashionista.com and Luckymag.com. She has also written for the Businessoffashion.com, Elle.com, Women’s Health, the Wall Street Journal, the New York Times, InStyle, NYmag.com, and Style.com, among others.
4. Igor Elbert - Principal Data Scientist at Gilt (http://gilt.com).
Mr. Elbert has been dealing with big data for over 20 years. From calculating financial risk for Salomon Brothers to tracking movements of millions of items across the supply chain for major brands, Mr. Elbert pushed innovative data analysis to new frontiers. As VP of Quantitative Analytics for Barnes & Noble Mr. Elbert used a plethora of data to offer his customers a unique in-store and digital experience. Having joined Gilt.com as Principal Data Scientist, Mr. Elbert is supporting Gilt’s mission to create the most exciting, curated shopping experience that helps company’s customers find and express their style.
Moderator: Yuli Ziv - Founder & CEO, Style Coalition (http://StyleCoalition.com); Fashion 2.0 Organizer.
This event is hosted in partnership with