- 2015 Fashion 2.0 Awards Ceremony & Reception
PLEASE VISIT EVENTBRITE (http://www.eventbrite.com/e/the-6th-annual-fashion-20-awards-ceremony-tickets-15577551877) TO PURCHASE TICKETS TO THIS EVENT.
Join fashion industry leaders at one of the most anticipated events of the year - The 6th Annual Fashion 2.0 Awards, celebrating the most innovative fashion brands and startups for their achievements in social media and technology.
PRESS/ MEDIA/ PHOTOGRAPHERS please send your invite requests to press [at] stylecoalition.com
PURCHASE TICKETS AT Fashion20Awards.eventbrite.com (http://fashion20awards.eventbrite.com)
- Fashion 2.0: Digital Innovation for Holiday 2014
Join us for cocktails and special guests as we cover the newest and hottest digital trends this holiday season. From innovations on the web, to digital integration in brick-and-mortar, guests will discover the key elements brands are using to push the envelope.
This event will introduce a more intimate Fashion 2.0 format and will be limited to 40 members. If you wish to bring guests kindly ask them to apply to the group and purchase their own ticket.
6:00-6:30pm: Check in & cocktails (open bar)
6:30-7:15pm: Discussion and Q & A
Walter Coyle - President of Pedone Media (http://www.pedone.com/)
Elizabeth Paton - US Luxury Correspondent, The Financial Times (http://blogs.ft.com/material-world/author/lizziepaton/)
Rachel Shechtman - Founder of STORY (http://thisisstory.com/)
Jeremy Bergstein - Founder of The Science Project (http://tspxyz.com/)
Moderator: Yuli Ziv - Founder & CEO, Style Coalition (http://StyleCoalition.com)
- Fashion 2.0: The 6th Annual Startup Showcase
Our annual startups showcase is the first and biggest event celebrating entrepreneurship in the fashion & tech community. Come watch the latest and most innovative fashion startups presenting and getting instant feedback from the panel of leading experts and investors in the space.
1. Ellie Wheeler - Principal, Greycroft Partners (http://greycroft.com/).
Ellie’s responsibilities in the New York office at Greycroft include evaluating investment opportunities, sourcing new deals, and working with existing portfolio companies. Ellie currently oversees Greycroft’s investments in BaubleBar, Daily Secret, Buzz Points, MakersKit, NuOrder, and Plain Vanilla Games and also works with Nomi. Prior to joining Greycroft, Ellie worked in a similar role during business school evaluating investment opportunities at Lowercase Capital with investor Chris Sacca. Before working with Lowercase, Ellie worked at Cisco in Corporate Development doing acquisitions, investments, and strategy within the communications, collaboration, enterprise software, and video sectors. Ellie graduated magna cum laude from Georgetown University with a BA in Psychology and holds an MBA from Harvard Business School.
2. Micah Rosenbloom - Venture Partner, Founder Collective (http://foundercollective.com/). Micah spent his career starting and funding tech enterprises. As an entrepreneur, he's raised four rounds of venture capital for over $40M for three distinct start-ups. He is currently a Venture Partner with Founder Collective, a seed focused venture fund founded by former and current entrepreneurs. He leads seed investments out of NYC. Most recently, he founded Sample6 Technologies, a BU/MIT spin out funded by Canaan Partners and Flybridge. Previously, he co-founded Brontes Technologies, a company based on real-time 3D imaging technology out of MIT that was sold to 3M Corp in 2006. His very first business was Handshake.com, a consumer web company that sold online scheduling and pricing engines during the Internet go-go days! He has a BS from Cornell, MBA from Harvard Business School and his first job out of college was working in the mailroom at the Endeavor Talent Agency, reading scripts, serving coffee and fixing copiers (not in that order!).
3. Molly Mulshine - Senior reporter at BetaBeat & New York Observer (http://betabeat.com/author/molly-mulshine/). Molly Mulshine is a blogger and reporter writing for the New York Observer's tech blog, Betabeat. She covers everything from tech funding news to app reviews to Kim Kardashian selfies, but has a soft spot for beauty and fashion startups — and anyone who's trying to create a fashion-tech collab that makes sense. She writes a weekly column about the phenomenon of social media celebrities entitled, "WHO?" She attended Rutgers University, studying English, French and film, and is also a standup comedian.
ON ITS OWN (http://www.onitsown.com)
SHOWROOM MANAGER (http://showroommgr.com)
BODY LABS (http://bodylabs.com/)
6-6:30pm - networking & wine reception on the terrace
6:30-7:30pm - presentations and feedback panel
7:30-8:30pm - networking continues
- Fashion 2.0: Smart Data & Market Intelligence
Our May event, hosted in partnership with WGSN INstock (http://www.wgsninstock.com/), a vendor of real-time retail data analytics, will feature a panel of leading experts in fashion retail, forecasting, merchandising and analytics. A cocktail reception will follow, providing an opportunity for the audience and panelists to meet and share ideas. The panelists will discuss the latest innovations in online analytics and digital tools that empower precision decision making in the digital age.
• 6:00-6:30pm - cocktail reception & networking on the terrace
• 6:30-7:30pm - speaker panel and Q&A
• 7:30-8:30pm - cocktail reception & networking continue
1. Rick Platt - Group President, Brand Management at Sequential Brands Group (http://sequentialbrandsgroup.com/).
Rick has over 20 years of experience and success in Brand Management, licensing, merchandising, marketing and strategic direction. Rick started his career in retail, first with May Department Stores, rising to General Manager, then Ames Department Stores, rising to Merchandise Manager of Textiles. Rick then spent 7 years in sports marketing and merchandising, first at MLB and then at the NFL, working closely with teams, licensees and sponsors to help grow the retail and licensed business. After 2 years in wholesale, Rick returned to the licensing business as Managing Director of Pillowtex, then a new licensing company that owned some of the largest textile brands in the industry - Cannon, Royal Velvet, Fieldcrest and Charisma. After 3 years of successfully licensing all 4 brands into the Home market as full lifestyle brands, Pillowtex was sold to Iconix. Next, Rick became President of the Waverly Home business. With a focus on new marketing strategies and new licensing partners, Waverly was built into a full lifestyle brand, and ultimately sold to Iconix. After that, Rick joined Brand Matter, the entity that owned both Ellen Tracy & Caribbean Joe, as President. In 4 years at Brand Matter, through comprehensive licensing and marketing strategies, the royalty revenue tripled and the total license base increased from 6 to 50.
2. Loree Lash - VP of Sales for WGSN INstock (http://www.wgsninstock.com/) - the advanced data science to enable fashion companies to make better buying decisions. She is one of the USA’s leading figures in brand building and fashion retail, including senior roles in the retail and technology industries. Loree joins from YESIMO and previously MyShape, where she was SVP Business Development & Strategic Partnerships. Loree began her career as a designer and progressed into e-commerce and the fashion tech space – drawing on her extensive understanding of fashion industry and love of technology. Pulling on her uniquely strong background in Start-ups, Design, Brand Building, Fashion Tech and Merchandising. Constantly keeping ahead of the latest trends in Fashion, Tech and Retail. Loree’s deep understanding of the wholesale & retail landscape gives her an entirely unique insight to our consumers, vendors and partners. Now building on her career expertise to develop the next fashion retail frontier in a truly powerful market intelligence tool.
3. Lauren Sherman - Editor-at-Large at Fashionista (http://Fashionista.com). Brooklyn-based writer Lauren Sherman began her career as a lifestyle reporter at Forbes, and has since held executive positions at both Fashionista.com and Luckymag.com. She has also written for the Businessoffashion.com, Elle.com, Women’s Health, the Wall Street Journal, the New York Times, InStyle, NYmag.com, and Style.com, among others.
4. Igor Elbert - Principal Data Scientist at Gilt (http://gilt.com).
Mr. Elbert has been dealing with big data for over 20 years. From calculating financial risk for Salomon Brothers to tracking movements of millions of items across the supply chain for major brands, Mr. Elbert pushed innovative data analysis to new frontiers. As VP of Quantitative Analytics for Barnes & Noble Mr. Elbert used a plethora of data to offer his customers a unique in-store and digital experience. Having joined Gilt.com as Principal Data Scientist, Mr. Elbert is supporting Gilt’s mission to create the most exciting, curated shopping experience that helps company’s customers find and express their style.
Moderator: Yuli Ziv - Founder & CEO, Style Coalition (http://StyleCoalition.com); Fashion 2.0 Organizer.
This event is hosted in partnership with
- The 5th Annual Fashion 2.0 Awards Ceremony & Reception
PLEASE PURCHASE TICKETS AT Fashion20Awards.com/attend
You must have a ticket from Eventbrite to attend. RSVP on Meetup alone won't be valid for this event.
Join fashion industry leaders at one of the most anticipated events of the year – The 5th Annual Fashion 2.0 Awards, organized by Style Coalition. The event celebrates most innovative fashion brands and startups for their achievements in social media and technology. Nominees include Burberry, Ralph Lauren, ASOS, DKNY and Michael Kors among others. View the full list and vote. (http://fashion20awards.com/vote)
Designer Zac Posen to deliver the keynote at the ceremony. Celebrity Stylist and On-Air Personality Robert Verdi will return to emcee the festivities, with the awards presented by online influencers and industry notables: style expert & TV personality Jeannie Mai, model and style icon Coco Rocha, ELLE.com Editor Ruthie Friedlander and others. Warby Parker founders Neil Blumenthal and David Gilboa will receive the Visionary Award.
THURSDAY, MARCH 20, 2014
6:30-7:00PM – Red carpet arrivals
7:00-8:00PM – Awards ceremony
8:00-9:00PM – Post-awards reception with winners, nominees and presenters, includes cocktails & hors d’oeuvres.
Black tie suggested
MERKIN CONCERT HALL
129 W 67th Street, New York
GET TICKETS AT FASHION20AWARDS.COM/ATTEND (http://fashion20awards.com/ATTEND)
VOTE AT http://FASHION20AWARDS.COM/VOTE
- Fashion 2.0: Open Mic & 5 Year Anniversary
Come celebrate the 5 year anniversary of the Fashion 2.0 meetups - the first and largest fashion tech community in NYC! We couldn't find a better way to mark the occasion than giving a stage to our members. We invited all entrepreneurs and innovators to share what they are working on - from startups to apps, new product launches and any other 2.0 ideas relevant to fashion and tech. 10 members will have a chance to present and get instant feedback from our panel of industry experts and the audience.
Sim Blaustein, Bertelsmann Digital Media Investments - As BDMI Principal Sim focuses on eCommerce, social discovery and seed-stage investments. Before joining BDMI, he was employed at High Line Venture Partners where he led successful investments. Prior to High Line, he was a Senior Director of Strategy and M&A at IAC, where he focused on the local and gaming sectors.
Murat Aktihanoglu, ER Accelerator - Murat is an entrepreneur, technologist, author and investor. He is currently the Managing Director at ERA, an early-stage investment fund
and technology accelerator in New York City with a portfolio of 50 and growing companies.
Lauren Indvik, Mashable - Lauren is Mashable's associate business editor, reporting on the intersection of media, retail and technology from Mashable's New York City headquarters since 2010.
Ahalogy (http://www.ahalogy.com/) & Krupp Group (http://www.kruppgroup.com), Brayola (http://brayola.com/), Olapic (http://www.olapic.com/), Rank & Style (http://www.rankandstyle.com/), Reprisal (http://www.reprisal.co/), StyleShoots (http://www.styleshoots.com), TrendsGirl (http://thetrendsgirl.com/), VeriFund (http://mimoona.com), WiShi (http://wishi.me/), ZAOZAO (http://www.shopzaozao.com).
6pm - open bar and networking on the terrace
6:30-8pm - presentations
8-9pm - open bar and networking
- Fashion 2.0: Retail & Big Data
Fashion 2.0: Retail & Big Data panel and networking reception will feature leading experts in the field, discussing the latest innovations bridging the offline retail experience with the online analytics and digital tools.
Big Data has been the new buzz word people love to hate. What does Big Data really mean in the case of retailers? How can they utilize it to improve the shopping experience - online and offline? The panelists will also discuss the latest trend of e-commerce companies opening brick-and-mortar stores and applying online data insights; the issue of shoppers privacy and personal data; new devices, apps and technologies reinventing retail.
Don't miss this event where industry leaders are discussing the future of retail! Join us at Fashion 2.0 meetup, the first and largest fashion tech community, which since 2008 has brought together a group of now over 2,300 top innovators. Our welcoming networking events and controversial panels are a must-attend for anyone interested in the space.
6-7pm - networking reception and open bar on the terrace
7-8pm - speakers panel
Follow #fashion20 to join the conversation online
1. Amy Jain - co-founder, BaubleBar (http://BaubleBar.com). Amy Jain is a co-founder of BaubleBar, a one-stop retailer for affordable fashion jewelry with aspirational and accessible luxury looks fit for any occasion. Amy conceived BaubleBar with her co-founder Daniella Yacobovsky during a project at business school and the two decided to turn the concept into a viable business. Previously, she was an associate at Centerview Partners, a boutique advisory and private equity firm in New York City. Amy has a B.A. in Economics and Political Science from Yale University and an MBA from Harvard Business School.
2. Elyse Estrada - Manager, Client Services at Foursquare (http://Foursquare.com). Elyse leads the client services team at Foursquare with a specialty in retail. Prior to Foursquare, Elyse was a Marketing Manager at H&M overseeing all advertising and marketing for the US and Mexican markets. In her earlier years, Elyse worked on the agency side as a Media Supervisor on the various retail and entertainment accounts. Elyse is a graduate of Brown University.
3. Florent Peyre - Co-Founder and COO at Placemeter (http://placemeter.com). Florent is the Co-Founder of Placemeter, a company that captures information and activity in physical locations through a network of smart sensors and proprietary algorithms. Florent previously founded CasaHop, a travel venture backed by Lerer Ventures, First Round Capital and betaworks amongst others. Prior to that, Florent helped launch Gilt City (Gilt Groupe), and ran Strategy & BD, ramping up to 150+ employees. Florent formerly ran Emerging Platforms, M&A and BD for Hachette Filipacchi Media, a leading publisher.
4. Jared Schiffman - Founder at Perch Interactive (http://PerchInteractive.com) Inc. Jared Schiffman has worked at the intersection of design, computer science and education for over two decades. His work fuses the physical world with the digital world and plays with relationship between the two. Jared is the founder of Perch Interactive Inc, a startup intent on revolutionizing the retail environment, starting with their first product PERCH. Jared is also a Principal at Potion, an interactive design and technology firm founded in 2005. Potion has been twice honored as a National Design Award finalist and was named one of the “Top 10 Most Innovative Design Companies” in 2010 by Fast Company magazine. Jared has taught courses at Parsons and NYU. He holds an SB in Computer Science & Engineering from MIT and an MS from the MIT Media Lab.
5. Elizabeth Holmes - Reporter, Wall St. Journal (http://online.wsj.com/search/term.html?KEYWORDS=ELIZABETH+HOLMES&bylinesearch=true). Elizabeth Holmes covers fashion, beauty and lifestyle trend stories for the Personal Journal section of the paper, a position she has held since 2011. She is also the host of the how-to series #THIS. w/ Elizabeth Holmes, found on WSJ.com, YouTube and Aol. Prior to joining Personal Journal, Ms. Holmes covered corporate retail for two years, focusing primarily on apparel brands. Before joining the retail team, Ms. Holmes covered the 2008 presidential campaign from the Journal's Washington, D.C. office. She covered the primary bid of Mitt Romney and the general election campaign of John McCain and Sarah Palin. She joined the Journal in 2006 as a reporting assistant on the Marketplace section. Ms. Holmes graduated magna cum laude from St. Olaf College in Minnesota with a degree in English and economics, and received a master’s degree in journalism with honors from the Columbia University Graduate School of Journalism. Follow her on Twitter and Instagram at @EHolmesWSJ.
- 2013 Fashion 2.0 Awards
PLEASE PURCHASE TICKETS at http://fashion20awards.eventbrite.com (http://fashion20awards.eventbrite.com/)
The Fashion 2.0 Awards are the first industry-recognized distinction honoring the most innovative fashion brands for their outstanding achievements and communication strategies across a variety of digital media channels. Nominees, selected by an online community of industry influencers and fashion fans, are posted on http://fashion20awards.com/vote (http://twitter.us2.list-manage.com/track/click?u=1d4b11a0f984805f7430933a8&id=1874a17712&e=32161f60d7). Leading the nominations this year are Donna Karan, Marc Jacobs and Bergdorf Goodman, each with five, followed by Oscar de la Renta with four, and Burberry and Kate Spade with three each. First-time nominees include Peter Som, J.Crew, Gilt Groupe, Net-a-Porter and Barneys New York. Winners of Best Twitter, Facebook, the newly added Pinterest category, Blog, Website, Online Video and Mobile App along with Top Innovator and Best Fashion Startup will be revealed at a black-tie ceremony to be held March 13, 2013 at the SVA Theatre in New York City.
Celebrity Stylist and On-Air Personality Robert Verdi returns to emcee the festivities, with the awards presented by Style Coalition influencers. Rent the Runway founders Jennifer Hyman and Jenny Fleiss will be presented with the second annual Fashion 2.0 Visionary Award in acknowledgement of their achievements in disrupting the retail industry and democratizing luxury fashion.
6:30-8PM - VIP reception and red carpet with nominees and presenters, cocktails & hors d'oeuvres, black tie (only limited tickets available)
8-9PM - Awards ceremony hosted by Robert Verdi, keynote speaker TBD
PLEASE PURCHASE TICKETS at http://fashion20awards.eventbrite.com (http://fashion20awards.eventbrite.com/)
- Fashion 2.0: Uncovering The Truth Behind Online Influence
Online influence has been a subject heavily debated in the media. Who are the true online influencers and what kind of impact do they have on audiences and consumers in particular? What are the best ways to discover and rank the influencers of a particular demographic? How do brands activate the influencers online and how do they measure ROI? Our panel of top industry experts will seek to uncover the truth and myths behind brand/ influencer relationships, while sharing their experiences as they relate to fashion brands in this monthly panel discussion.
Join us at Fashion 2.0 meetup, the first and largest fashion/tech community, which since 2008 has brought together a select group of now over 2,300 top innovators. Our welcoming networking events and controversial panels are a must-attend for anyone working in the space!
6-7pm - networking and open bar courtesy of NetBase
7-8pm - speakers panel
Follow #fashion20 to join the conversation online
1. Leslie Hall, ICED Media (http://icedmedia.com). Armed with a keen ability to identify and meet the challenges of some of today’s savviest marketers, Leslie Hall has led ICED Media to become one of the industry’s leading boutique digital marketing agencies. Over the past decade, she and partner Reggie Miller have been at the forefront of creating groundbreaking digital platforms and strategic partnerships for brands including Kmart, Maybelline New York, Ford Motor Corp., DKNY, and more. A pioneer at heart, Hall develops all of the company’s disciplines and brings her understanding of the digital space, consumer behavior and ROI to complement the company’s creative offerings. It is this discipline that has led ICED Media to become a leader in the space with 13 years of consecutive growth.
2. Dina Fierro, Vice President Social Media, HL Group (http://www.hlgrp.com/). As Vice President of Social Media at HL Group, Fierro consults on influencer engagement and social media strategy for a suite of world class brands in fashion and lifestyle, including AERIN, Amazon Fashion, Athleta and The MoMA Design Store. In addition to her experience building brands, she’s a highly respected blogger in her own right. Read her musings on fashion, beauty and personal style at http://eye4style.com .
3. Josh Butler, Director of Sales, Klout (http://klout.com).
4. Jennifer Kirk, NetBase (http://netbase.com). Jennifer has over 10 years experience in marketing and events. Starting her career on Capitol Hill, Jennifer was the youngest in the history of the US Copyright Office to hold her position in the Public Information Office. She left Washington to work in publicity and events in the Nashville music and sports industry before transitioning to social media marketing six years ago. Since then, she has led many successful social and online marketing initiatives and campaigns for worldwide names in television, music, publishing and the tech industry in Silicon Valley resulting in increased sales and television show renewals. Jennifer holds both her undergraduate and graduate degrees from Belmont University.
MODERATOR: Yuli Ziv, Founder & CEO, Style Coalition (http://stylecoalition.com).
ABOUT OUR SPONSOR:
NetBase Enterprise Social Intelligence enables apparel, beauty and retail businesses to gain real-time insights into earned media across the social web and owned digital channels such as Facebook and Twitter. Our conversation mining helps you understand what your consumers are saying about your brand and your competitors so you can make informed business decisions. Known for our accuracy, ease of use and actionable insights, our clients include leaders such as Coca-Cola, Kraft, Kenneth Cole, ESPN, 2012 Obama Campaign, McCann Worldwide, and Razorfish. NetBase also powers the weekly Sentiment Tracker in the WallStreet Journal and our solutions are sold globally by JD Power & Associates, GfK and SAP. For more information, visit www.netbase.com (http://www.netbase.com/), @ (http://twitter.com/)NetBase (http://twitter.com/NetBase), our Facebook (http://www.facebook.com/NetBaseInc) page (http://www.facebook.com/NetBaseInc), LinkedIn (http://www.linkedin.com/company/57753?trk=tyah), or YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/user/NetBaseInc) .