addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobe--smallglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1launch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Save this Meetup!

This Meetup no longer has an Organizer.
Without an Organizer, it will disappear from our website tomorrow.

You can join this Meetup and become the Organizer.

Flint Area Tabletop RPG and Board Gamers Message Board › Rise of the Runelords -- Pathfinder campaign starting in Flint

Rise of the Runelords -- Pathfinder campaign starting in Flint

John B
knotty_prof
Goodrich, MI
Post #: 272
Trying to condense the email threads to items discussed to this point.
Abilities
Point buy system, using high fantasy setting, 20 points.
Races
All Common Races, most of the Featured Races from Advanced Race Guide with group consensus for some of the more powerful ones (higher than 12 RP).
Classes
Any but Anti-Paladin or Gunslinger from Core Set of Rules
Psionic classes from Psionic Unleashed/Expanded (per me smile)
Traits
Two plus one campaign specific trait
Starting Funds
Max starting out based on class with the caveat that traits that grant one time bonus are not available.

At this point we are looking at cycling Game Masters, each uses one of the six adventures paths for the updated Rise of the Runelords adventure path. I will be starting out with the first one.

Plan is to create characters this Thursday and coelesce into one party and maybe go over some of the background material.

Characters I am bringing to the table:
Xeph Cryptic (psionic roguish build)
Human Marskman (psionic ranged combatant)
Infrit Soulknife (psionic melee combatant)

Bobby K
Kleam
Davison, MI
Post #: 2
Here are the classes that I am thinking about. I am no longer considering the Oracle.

Ifrit Immolator (Inquisitor)
Wayang Summoner
Nagaji Fighter

So the Rich Parent trait is not allowed? (I completely agree if it's not allowed.)
Jonathan M
Bakunin
Otisville, MI
Post #: 8
Here's the list of who is considering what that I sent out via email, updated with the latest info I have.

Paul:
Barbarian -Catfolk

Brett (latest possible player):
Barbarian or Ranger -Half Orc

Robert:

John B:
Xeph Cryptic (psionic trap finder roguish type)
Human Marksman (psionic ranged expert)
Ifrit Soulknife (psionic melee fighter)

John:
Cleric

Mike:
Monk -Aasimar/celestial human

Jonathan:
Human Sorcerer
Elf Wizard

Steve (very latest possible player):
Rogue -Halfling
Jonathan M
Bakunin
Otisville, MI
Post #: 9
Here are the classes that I am thinking about. I am no longer considering the Oracle.

Wayang Summoner
Nagaji Fighter

So the Rich Parent trait is not allowed? (I completely agree if it's not allowed.)

Correct, the Rich Parents trait is out.
John B
knotty_prof
Goodrich, MI
Post #: 273
Skill Builder Excel File
I use this for building up skills for NPCs and PCs and it has some built in formulas but no macros. It works with Excel and Open Office.
It is handy when you want to quickly level up characters skills, just copy and paste the previous block and then add the skill points earned for the next level.
Also, I usually bold class skills when I start one for a new character. For pathfinder I would just add 3 under Other for those class skills that ranks were added.

Anyone is free to use and modify for their own use. Feel free to share any updates made as well

John B
Bobby K
Kleam
Davison, MI
Post #: 3
Nice Excel sheet you have there!
Jonathan M
Bakunin
Otisville, MI
Post #: 10
Just got off the phone with John and he said he's planning on playing a Cleric.
John B
knotty_prof
Goodrich, MI
Post #: 274
Alternating GMs

The plan is to determine who would like a chance to run one of the sections of the Adventure Path and then create a schedule of who GM's which section (I guess I am starting out unless someone else strongly wants to take the lead).

DM Characters

If there are a total of 6 people or less playing DM will run his character as an NPC. If there are 7 people playing, DM (GM whatever) will not run his character during the path section he is GMing. When he returns as a player character, the character should be at least the same level as the lowest level character in the party.

Missing Players

Will need to discuss this as well because we are all adults and all have lives and things come up.
So will the missing player's character be NPCd, ran by another player, or just wandering on their own for the session missed?
John B
knotty_prof
Goodrich, MI
Post #: 275
Returning Character from GM coming back as player

There are a couple ways that can be handled.
A) Just use the equivelent character wealth by level guidelines from the Core Rule book
B) Use the departing character as a guideline as to equivelent treasure wealth

This would still require the GM returning to the Player chair the opportunity to pick items wanted/needed. I would put the stipulation that the party equivelence rule comes into play. If the maximum weapon enhancement is +2, the returning player cannot have a +3 weapon, etc... The idea is the returning character isn't any more powerful than anyone else in the group. If the Character Wealth B Level table is too high (A) then we just use (B).

The same can be said for anyone who loses a character and wants to make another one to get back into the party, not just the GM/returning player.

If anyone else has thoughts on this feel free to post.
Bobby K
Kleam
Davison, MI
Post #: 4
With the size of the group and if John decides to play a Cleric, I may still run an Iquisitor for back up healer. Unless we need a Fighter or Summoner more.