FINAL FRONTIERS ...the Meetup group for all Science Fiction, Fantasy, Gaming and Role Playing fans...
It matters not what your final frontier is... be that: Space at Warp Speed, Horrors of LV-426, Mysteries of the Force, Resistance against Skynet, Lovecraftian Horror, the Spice Melange, Dystopian or Post-Apocalyptic Futures, Mythological Pasts, Conspiracy Theories, Existential Realities, Alternative Verses, the Burdens of the Ringbearer... for in our company you will find yourself right at home.
If you enjoy science fiction and fantasy films, television series and books. If you are interested in role playing, board gaming, card gaming, trivia nights or online/multiplayer (cooperative or competitive) video gaming. If you are not afraid of getting involved in some storytelling, social acting and creative writing. If you are interested in meeting like-minded individuals to discuss "what could be" or to escape from daily realities into fantastic worlds. If you are able to commit to some voluntary re-occurring events, offer some assistances with overall development of our mutual interests and associated activities while remaining active in our dynamic community... then we look forward to meeting you.
Currently… we host a number of fantasy and science fiction role playing games (Dungeons and Dragons, Pathfinder, Star Wars and Star Trek being just some of them), maintain active schedule filled with various social events (some of them being films get-togethers, introductions/design workshops and panels, conversations and discussions on various topics of interests over a dinner or a coffee) and offer our members participation in exclusive online gaming groups and activities.
We are always on a lookout for like-minded individuals interested in joining active, mature and dedicated cadre of Starfleet Officers, company of Mercenaries, order of Knights, team of Investigators, group of Adventurers, fireteam of Soldiers… all of whom are involved in outgoing explorations of various universes. If you are interested in playing an active role in our endeavours... then we would like to invite you to join our ranks.
Currently we are active in Perth, Western Australia. This is where most of our social activities take place…
- Social Events related to our core interests (both featured and suggested by our members or contributing third parties),
- Science Fiction and Fantasy films, television series and books interest groups,
- Role Playing Games (Dungeons & Dragons, Pathfinder, Star Wars, Star Trek, Eclipse Phase, Hackmaster, World of Darkness, Shadowrun/Cyberpunk, Malifaux and many others),
- Workshops and Introductions Events to gaming, game mastering, game design and accessories painting/preparation (for Role Playing, Tabletop, Board, Video and Online games),
- Board Games (primarily scenario based Star Trek: Attack Wing, Star Wars: Armada/X-Wing as well as other games facilitating depth of play),
- Video/Online Games interest groups (exclusive Discord group, World of Warcraft guild, Star Wars: Old Republic guild, Star Trek Online fleet, Eve Online corporation, Destiny fireteam and others),
- Message Boards and Scheduling Tools for events coordinators, game masters, players and gamers in general, designed to assist all parties in actively pursuing their hobbies,
- Various Public Third Parties Events related to our core interests,
Rules of Engagement:
First and foremost we would like you to keep in mind that we are not a casual group. Many of our contributors, event hosts and sponsors work hard to organise high quality events often donating their time, money and various other resources in the process. To support them we do take a walled garden approach where our community is concerned.
In principle Final Frontiers exists and is driven by contributing members and in return considers its contributing members to be the primary target audience.
Of course we do try to be inclusive (where and when possible) and certainly enjoy playing with others but we do ask that if you are interested in engaging with us that you do so while observing some basic rules and requirements.
By applying for our membership and/or participating in our events (even if those events are advertised by third parties) you acknowledge that you are aware of and agree to abide by our Code of Conduct.