addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Birds, Butterflies & Botany Message Board Birds › Hummingbirds love Native Firebush Salvia

Hummingbirds love Native Firebush Salvia

Marilu
MariluD
Altamonte Springs, FL
Post #: 26
I have been told that if you plant a firebush, you WILL get hummingbirds. In my garden, 90% of the time I see hummers, they are on the native salvias.

good luck
heidi e.
e.p.s.
Edgewater, FL
Post #: 15
i just saw the first humming bird ive ever seen in my garden a few days ago..it was on the luffa flowers of all things ..
Terri
LillyduLac
Winter Springs, FL
Post #: 33
I am so disappointed that when I first started this venture the nursery sold me a Mexican Firebush instead of the native. The flowers never even open on the bush and nothing goes to it. So be careful which firebush you buy folks, get the Florida native~!

Lilly
Marilu
MariluD
Altamonte Springs, FL
Post #: 35
Yes, the native is beautiful, un-beatable in the garden, both for looks and for native wildlife. It has nectar flowers for butterflies and hummingbirds, and berries loved by birds, expecially mockingbirds.