6 days ago · 2:00 PM
This location is shown only to members
We will not be allowed to park in the parking lot this week because a funeral is scheduled in the main church. Please find street parking. Thanks!
You'll be safe and warm at SOJO.
Be sure to log in and check out our address when you RSVP. More detailed directions, closest Metro and parking info can be found in a File "uploaded on Feb 7, 2013" under the "More" tab. And if you need wheelchair access, just contact the organizers!
If you're a seasoned SOJO'er, you already know the program, but below are all the details which may be helpful to our new members.
MOST IMPORTANT POINTS:
1. If you have a copies of Rise Up Singing and Rise Again, please bring them. If you don't, we may have some extras available for you to borrow (one time only, please) or buy from us. Both books are easy to find and order online.
2. Feel free to bring lyrics and chords to hand out for songs not in the book. If you'd like to bring a song that most people don't know well, see if you can find a youtube link and post it in the comments when you RSVP. We'd like to listen a few times before the SOJO to get the hang of it.
3. Bring something to drink, as singing is likely to make you thirsty.
4. We appreciate but do not require, any contributions ($4, or whatever) to help pay for renting the room.
5. Please do RSVP. It helps us know how to set up the room and allows us to contact you if we have to cancel. RSVP by clicking "Yes" above the other attendees' names.
FURTHER DETAILS, if you like:
* Our regular gatherings take place on the 1st and 3rd Saturdays of the month. We meet from 2 to 5 p.m. with a break around 3:30. You can come for the whole time or just part of it. If you can arrive early to help set up, that would be great.
* Click on "Pages" for additional information such as our format and other good things to know; click on "Photos" for pictures of some of our gatherings; click on "More," then "Files" to check out the wide variety of songs we've sung at previous SOJOs.
Whether you're new to SOJO or not so new, we look forward to singing and/or jamming with you!