We'll sing a love song or two for Valentines Day at this SOJO.
Seasoned SOJO'ers already know the program, but below are all the details which may be helpful to our new members.
MOST IMPORTANT POINTS:
1. If you have copies of Rise Up Singing and Rise Again, please bring them. If you don't, we may have some extras available for you to borrow (one time only, please). Both books are easy to find and order online.
2. Feel free to bring lyrics and chords to hand out for songs not in the book. If you'd like to bring a song that most people don't know well, see if you can find a YouTube link and post it in the comments when you RSVP. We'd like to listen a few times before the SOJO to get the hang of it.
3. Bring something to drink, as singing is likely to make you thirsty.
4. We appreciate but do not require, any contributions ($3, or whatever) to help pay for renting the room.
5. Please do RSVP. It helps us know how to set up the room and allows us to contact you if we have to cancel.
FURTHER DETAILS, if you like:
* Our regular gatherings take place on the 1st and 3rd Saturdays of the month. We meet from 2 to 5 p.m. with a break around 3:30. You can come for the whole time or just part of it. If you can arrive a little early to help set up or stay a little late to help put things back in order, that would be great. Occasionally we take pictures of our events. If you would rather not be photographed, just politely let the person with the camera know and step out of view. We'll be very respectful of your wishes.
Whether you're new to SOJO or not so new, we look forward to singing and playing with you!