Help Promote "Earth Day Entrepreneur Showcase: Slow Money at Stone Barns!"
Wednesday, April 4, 2012 3:56 PM
Dear Food+Tech Meetup Members:
Please join Slow Money NYC and Stone Barns Center for Food and Agriculture on April 22, 2012:
Earth Day Entrepreneur Showcase:
Slow Money and Local Investment Opportunities
With Woody Tasch, Author of Inquiries into Nature of Slow Money, &
Eliot Coleman, Author & Farmer, Four Season Farm, Maine
April 22, 2012 (Earth Day!) 3-5 pm
Tickets $75. Limited quantity. http://bit.ly/EarthDa...
What better way to spend Earth Day than with a group of food entrepreneurs and
investors who are working "to bring money down to earth"?
Please join us for a program featuring remarks by local Slow Money Leaders
Chris Lindstrom, Derek Denckla and Brian Kaminer and presentations by six
pioneering food entrepreneurs now seeking capital:
- Brooklyn Grange: commercial rooftop farm in NYC acre;
- First Field Ketchup: NJ organic farm with a line of value-added products;
- Farm to Table Co-Packers: food processing facility for small farms;
- Window Farms: manufacturing a DIY kit for home-grown food; and
- New York Mouth: online source for local, indie food makers.
- Eliot Coleman: Slow Tools: an opportunity for partners to create ventures based on his open source farm technology.
For More Info on Speakers and Their Companies: http://slowmoneynyc.o...
If you are a good food activist, an impact investor, a sustainable business
entrepreneur, a foundation trustee or program officer, or an individual who is
wondering whether there is life after fast money and fast food, this program
presents a wonderful opportunity to participate in what Entrepreneur.com
called "one of the top five trends in finance" and Rodale called "one of the
top ten trends in organics."
The Slow Money Alliance now has 14 chapters, including one in New York. More
than $16 million has been invested over the past 18 months in over 100 small
food enterprises under the Slow Money banner, using a variety of new
engagement strategies – investment clubs, investor networks, and entrepreneur
Please register here: http://bit.ly/EarthDa...
If you can't make it, please help us spread the word with some of following suggested tools: (1) Facebook Post an "Event" or an "Update" - Suggested text below.(2) Twitter Post - Suggested text below.(3) Email blast - Suggested text above OR use this URL http://wp.me/p1sLyT-d...(4) Blog about why you are going to the Showcase and send to [address removed](5) Send Press Release PDF to your friend(s) with impressive media creds.(6) Read More about the Speakers and Companies and contact them about making an investment . . .
SAMPLE FACEBOOK POST:
Slow Money NYC: Earth Day Entrepreneur Showcase on Apr 22. Tickets now on sale! Join us for a two-hour program at Stone Barns Center for Food and Agriculture. Hear from Woody Tasch and other Slow Money Leaders about plans to create investment channels for food & farm ventures. 6 pioneering food entrepreneurs now seeking capital will make brief presentations: Brooklyn Grange, rooftop farm in NYC; First Field Ketchup, organic farm making value-added products; Farm to Table CoPackers, local food processing facility; Window Farms, DIY kit for home-grown food; and New York Mouth, online store featuring local, indie food makers. Star Farmer Eliot Coleman will announce an opportunity for partners to create joint ventures based on his open source farm technology -- Slow Tools. Buy tickets now @ http://bit.ly/EarthDa...
SAMPLE TWITTER POSTS:
- Join Local Foodies & Interest'd Investors @slowmoneynyc Earth Day Entrepreneur Showcase Apr 22. Tickets: http://bit.ly/EarthDa...
- Want 2 invest in small sustainable food companies? @slowmoneynyc Earth Day Entrepreneurs Apr 22. http://bit.ly/EarthDa...
- Join @slowmoneynyc Earth Day Entrepreneurs: Apr 22 - Showcasing 6 innov food ventures.http://bit.ly/EarthDa...
This email message originally included an attachment.