addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1linklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Footscray Maker Lab Message Board meetup-group-WiTLOkkU Discussion Forum › Events & resources

Events & resources

Dave-ID
Dave-ID
Castlemaine, AU
Post #: 72
Gold Coin admission Friday­ for the start of Continuum X volunteer-run Science Fiction & Fantasy convention.
See Wikipedia­
Dave-ID
Dave-ID
Castlemaine, AU
Post #: 92
The Toy Sale at Target has been extended from last Wednesday until today Sunday 10th.

So it's not too late for Ilija to buy a X Rocket Gaming chair ;~ )
I ended up NOT buying the sphericopter but bought 3 other cheap copters also on this page .

But I think every hacker space should have a machine with psuedo-autonomy such as the Robo Raptor designed by Mark W. Tilden, the William Grey Walter of our time. It would scare rodents but also scare cats that can catch rodents so not good for my place. Also where I live I'm not sure it's obstacle avoidance would prevent tangling in the creepers.
(Apparently it's not user programmable but I wonder if it's "brain" could be transplanted into say, an air"ship" so more like modern flying raptors. Last thing I read Mark didn't use digital processors anymore but I guess in this case there would be at least at the top of the subsumption architecture.)
Dave-ID
Dave-ID
Castlemaine, AU
Post #: 93
Around now is when education institutions start trying to lure more victims ......

http://www.openday.com.au/calendar/melbourne/­
Dave-ID
Dave-ID
Castlemaine, AU
Post #: 98
And Today Sun 24th is Open Day for Victoria University at Footscray Park. (As well as LaTrobe etc.)

(Also MESH is meeting to plan an interim committee b4 becoming MESHi.
http://www.meetup.com/Easten-Suburbs-Hackers-Group/­)
Dave-ID
Dave-ID
Castlemaine, AU
Post #: 110
The 3rd Sat of September every year is designated "Software freedom Day" General information is available at http://www.softwarefr...­. .
(Personally I think having it near or clashing with "Talk Like A Pirate Day" on Sept 19th was a suspiciously dumb idea. Need I point out who is served by associating Software Freedom with Piracy?)

Below is a message about an (the?) observance in Melbourne, Australia for 2014

Hello all,

This is a reminder that Software Freedom Day is this Saturday, 20th September, 10am to 4pm at the Electron Workshop (31 Arden Street, North Melbourne). We're all excited to help mark this occasion with a day of fun and free activities!

This event is free and open to the public, and lunch will be provided, so please drop in at any time and celebrate free software with us!

A list of amazing things happening on the day:
- 3D printing
- Arduino demonstrations
- Linux installfest (bring your laptop along)
- free and open source gaming session
- talks on OpenStreetMap, gardening, Bitcoin, and more!
- did we mention lunch? There's lunch!

Hope to see you there!

Lilly

---

We would like to thank our sponsors Serversaurus and Freetronics, as well as our partners Free Software Melbourne, Linux Users of Victoria, and the Electron Workshop, for all of their help and support in making this event possible.

--
This message was sent (to Dave-ID) by Lilly (lillian.c.ryan@...) from OpenTechSchool Melbourne.
Dave-ID
Dave-ID
Castlemaine, AU
Post #: 111
But I think every hacker space should have a machine with psuedo-autonomy such as the Robo Raptor designed by Mark W. Tilden, the William Grey Walter of our time. It would scare rodents but also scare cats that can catch rodents so not good for my place. Also where I live I'm not sure it's obstacle avoidance would prevent tangling in the creepers.
(Apparently it's not user programmable but I wonder if it's "brain" could be transplanted into say, an air"ship" so more like modern flying raptors. Last thing I read Mark didn't use digital processors anymore but I guess in this case there would be at least at the top of the subsumption architecture.) I since bought a pre-owned Robo-Raptor for $30. Some of it's footpads look either very worn or cut? Need to feed it more electrons, it's nearly digested the AAs in it's belly.
Dave-ID
Dave-ID
Castlemaine, AU
Post #: 114
The $30 Robo-Raptor has been fed but still struggles to walk let alone run. I think it needs some physio or more likely plastic surgery. (Joint replacement?).
Dave-ID
Dave-ID
Castlemaine, AU
Post #: 123
"The Space Revolution: The New Space Industry and the Colonization of Mars"
2014Oct13 Thursday
http://www.meetup.com...­
Dave-ID
Dave-ID
Castlemaine, AU
Post #: 298
"Dear VR enthusiasts,

After years of waiting the release of the Gear VR consumer edition is marking the beginning of consumer virtual reality. Samsung has been kind enough to arrange a demo unit for us and we will be showing it at the meetup along with the HTC Vive and the usual mix of networking and impromptu talk.

Looking forward to seeing you all there for our last meetup before the new year!
Friday, December 11, 2015, 6:30 PM
Queens Collective
Level 1, 20 Queen Street, Melbourne

Virtually Yours,
Stefan Pernar"

Judging from 2 reviews I've read, the Valve/HTC Vive might be the way to go .... if you have enough space to take advantage of it's advantage!

You should RSVP at meetup.com/Melbourne-Virtual-Reality­ but <whispering> they won't know if you haven't RSVPed so don't let that stop you going!

The venue, Queens Collective, is a co-working space in an Art Deco or maybe Art Nouveau? brown building with an untinted glass front which shows the staircase to the mezzanine level. It's on the East side of Queen street between Flinders St and Flinders Lane. The lifts start at the mezzanine so there is a stairclimber for those who can't do it themselves. Then by lift or more stairs up to the next level and then for Queen's Collective head ~West back to the front of the building.
Dave-ID
Dave-ID
Castlemaine, AU
Post #: 307
1:30pm Sunday Melbourne Central

SciFi+Fantasy Meetup at and after Star Wars screening

I won't be going, I'd rather wait until I have better eyesight!