addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Fox Valley Computing Professionals Message Board › Science Needs Your Help

Science Needs Your Help

Eric M.
user 3964536
Chicago, IL
You are a web developer with a spot of free time to help out science? Are you looking for fame and glory? Then a couple of people at Fermi need your help. This is the perfect opportunity for a couple of people to get together and build a site in a couple hours over beer/coffee/whatever.
I'm posting this to the message board, so if you are interested reply in there.
Thanks,
Eric
A former member
Post #: 98
I would be interested in helping the folks at Fermi - what needs to be done?
Hobbes P.
user 11851387
Naperville, IL
Post #: 1
I might be interested, too. What's the project?

(Plus, I think I know one of the IT guys at Fermi.)
Chris S.
ChrisStoughton
Glen Ellyn, IL
Post #: 1
We need help with the Fermilab Physics Slam
http://www.fnal.gov/c...­

Brian Nord will do a "live taping" of the Cosmic Network News. We need a web site up and running in a few days with

1. A LOGO and other graphics, to be included in the presentation
2. A real-looking web site that looks like a real "fake" web site. I am gathering some photos now, but the basic idea is to have a headline notice of the "live taping" to be help on Friday, November 15th.

Content is not all that important -- style rules! As the audience is gathering on Friday, we will point them to this to browse on their cell phones before the event begins.

And maybe a "follow me on twitter" thing?

The show is really cast in the future (the year 3031) and we communicate via a time warp -- but that is just an implementation detail!

WHO IS INTERESTED?

Can we talk on the phone or meet somewhere for lunch on Saturday to kick around ideas???

Thanks. This will be fun.

Chris S.
ChrisStoughton
Glen Ellyn, IL
Post #: 2
Hobbes P.
user 11851387
Naperville, IL
Post #: 2
Ah, the timeframe sounds a little tight for me to have much involvement. I probably won't be available via phone much this weekend. Where will the site be hosted?

I'm not a WordPress expert, but templates look nice. Just make sure that they have mobile versions?