Dear members of our Crypto Sunday TLV community,
As promised, we have used to the time to boost the upcoming meetup and we have 2 great presentations lined up:
The first presentation from Jaffa Sztejnbok - Senior SW Architect and Developer Advocate at IBM's Alpha Zone accelerator. As an architect at the IBM Alpha Zone Accelerator (recognized as one of the elite accelerators globally), Jaffa's role is to identify, screen and select matured start-ups (around round A of funding) which are good candidates for the program. During the program, together with the startups, Jaffa tailors a specific technological plan and road map for each start-up to help it become enterprise grade.
As a Developer Advocate, Jaffa engages with partners, customers, and developers about the latest technologies including Blockchain, Hybrid Cloud, Serverless computing, Dockers, Watson APIs and more.
The second presentation from Tomer Afek - Tomer has spent over three decades on both sides of the startup table. He helped to found Showbox.com, and was the co-founder/CEO of ConvertMedia, a Big Data startup (acquired by Taboola). Prior to that, he spent seven years as an investor at Evergreen VC, among one of Israel’s oldest and largest VCs, where he was in charge of Internet & New-Media investments. Tomer was also on the founding team of Sanctum Inc., a leader in web application security. He holds a B.Sc. in Economics and Computer Science (cum laude) from Tel Aviv University.
6:00 PM - 6:30 PM - Registration, Networking&Mingling :)
6:30 PM - 7:00 PM - introduction to Hyperledger Fabric
(1) Introduce Hyperledger Fabric and describe IBM Blockchain offering,
(2) Review Blockchain use cases and how they were implemented with Hyperledger Fabric.
7:00 PM - 8:00 PM - Spacemesh
(1) Fresh stand on the need for blockchains - a space or dimension you can't just resolve because it holds axiomatic tension for a reason. By improving how we work with these dynamics, by giving everyone tools and incentives to balance and seek resolution, as opposed to choosing a side and going too extreme.
(2) Why Spacemesh? why is there a need for a middle ground between pow and pos? how do you scale consensus without losing decentralization?.
(3) How can you leverage this new toolset to start your own valuable company/service
8:00 PM - 8:15 PM - Special Announcement about the upcoming CryptoSunday
8:15 PM - 8:30 PM - More Networking&Mingling
VERY IMPORTANT - Please note:-
1. Just in case you haven't noticed - we have moved from our old venue to the new "Google Campus" which is now called "Google for Startups". It is located in HaUmanim 12 street, Tel Aviv.
It is very close to the old location but please don't go to the Electra tower :)
2. According to our new venue guidelines - Pets and Electric bikes of any kind are NOT allowed into the new building, so please make sure you have the necessary arrangements to take of them while you have fun in our meetup.
BTW - We have recently welcomed the 800th member to our Tel-Aviv community and we are growing!
Please feel free to share and invite your friends.