addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcredit-cardcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobe--smallglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1launch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Freethought Arizona Message Board › Thinking About Science

Thinking About Science

John T.
user 5081321
Tucson, AZ
Post #: 51
When I returned from the latest Educational SIG meeting this morning I found this from a friend I just had to share given the discussion is about "How to Think Like a Scientist." My apologies to those from Georgia (or New York or California for that matter).

John

Science

After having dug to a depth of 10 feet last year outside of New York City , New York scientists found traces of copper cable dating back 100 years.

They came to the conclusion that their ancestors already had a telephone network more than 100 years ago.

Not to be outdone by the New Yorkers, in the weeks that followed, a Los Angeles , California archaeologist dug to a depth of 20 feet somewhere just outside Oceanside .

Shortly after, a story in the LA Times read: " California archaeologists report a finding of 200 year old copper cable, have concluded that their ancestors already had an advanced high-tech communications network a hundred years earlier than the New Yorkers."

One week later, a local newspaper in Atlanta, Georgia reported the following: "After digging down about 30 feet deep in his pasture near the community of Marietta, Bubba, a hell of an engineer and, a self-taught archaeologist, reported that he found absolutely nothing.

Bubba has therefore concluded that 300 years ago, Georgia had already gone wireless".

Just makes a person proud to be from Georgia .

A former member
Post #: 2
Love it!