addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcredit-cardcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobe--smallglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1languagelaunch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinlockm-swarmSearchmailmediummessagesminusmobilemoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahooyoutube

The Portland French Bulldog Meetup Group Message Board › New Frenchie parents seeking PDX Vet

New Frenchie parents seeking PDX Vet

Oregon_Meep
user 192532884
Happy Valley, OR
Post #: 1
Hello everyone!
My boyfriend Nick and I are getting a little French Bulldog puppy next month and we're trying to find a good vet for the breed up here. Does anyone have any suggestions for good brachycephalic friendly veterinarians up here in Portland or Happy Valley?

We want to find the best vet for this breed and any suggestions would be really helpful, and we can't wait to bring him to a meetup once he has all of his vaccinations.
Wendy
user 14072399
Portland, OR
Post #: 18
If Troutdale isn't too far for you, Paws and Claws is awesome!
Brena A.
user 14714731
Vancouver, WA
Post #: 21
And maybe one of the best Vet Tech's out there!!! Paws and Claws is very knowledgeable with the breed.
Wendy
user 14072399
Portland, OR
Post #: 19
Thanks Brena 😄
Beth C (& M.
user 184332459
Portland, OR
Post #: 2
We use animal allergy and ear clinic in Beaverton. Dr. Amy Randall. Very good!!
Connie
user 5982243
Vancouver, WA
Post #: 19
We use Cascade Park Animal Hospital - Dr. Maureen Fritch - awesome for general care. For an emergency and I tell everyone this - go to NW Veterinary Hospital off of 82nd Drive in Clackamas. Don't waste your time or money at Dove Lewis, depending on type of issue, they will end up sending you to NW Veterinary for treatment - they have state of the art equipment which means faster diagnosis.

Also Dr. Regina Tobin at Cascade Veterinary off of 62nd over in Tigard is awesome vet. The team there is great. They deal with specific issues such as internal medicine.

Dr. Amy Randall in Beaverton - Animal Allergy and Ear - is fantastic. She knows her stuff and LOVES animals.

Use your gut, if it isn't feeling right when you meet a vet, MOVE ON. Some vets just want the $$$$ - especially when they see a French Bulldog.

Also GET MEDICAL INSURANCE - stay away from VPI worst ever. Embrace is good and you pick the levels. I have Embrace for my two frenchies.
Oregon_Meep
user 192532884
Happy Valley, OR
Post #: 2
WOW! Thank you all so much for all of the helpful info, we appreciate it so much! Can't wait to bring our little guy to one of the meetups, once he as all of his vaccinations of course ;-)