addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcredit-cardcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobe--smallglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1languagelaunch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinlockm-swarmSearchmailmediummessagesminusmobilemoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahooyoutube

The Portland French Bulldog Meetup Group Message Board › Reputable Breeders/Which to Avoid??

Reputable Breeders/Which to Avoid??

Melody
user 11222691
Portland, OR
Post #: 1
My family is looking for a puppy and I was hoping that someone could recommend some good reputable breeders. Also if there are any breeders to avoid. If you wish to send me a private message my email is lonegoosephotography@gmail.com. Thanks for all of your help!
Gracian H.
user 6787620
Stayton, OR
Post #: 263
Melody,
Erin Mau Paws to Perfection in Sandy Oregon is great!! Avoid all Breeders who do not do health testing, breed a LOT of different types of dogs, Cross Breed different breeds, breed for "Rare" colors, ship their dogs/pups long distances (this is usually a sign of puppy mill type breeders, reputable breeders will usually have a long line of local folks waiting for pups). Reputable breeders will usually have the parents on site and you can meet them, see their papers, etc. There are good breeders out there, just be careful. Do your homework and ask for references and don't be afraid to call.
Also, perhaps you might want to consider adopting a rescue dog. I volunteer for Pacific NW Bulldog Rescue. We have both English Bulldogs and Frenchies. You'll be saving the life of a dog that was tossed aside for other things. We have a FB page as well as a Web site. Just google us. We are also having a huge fund raiser and meet and greet at Portland Mini Cooper this Saturday, 7/23. Come on out and meet the Bullies!!
Stephanie S.
user 14379405
Portland, OR
Post #: 6
Melody, I second what gracian advises, I rescued with FBRN (French bulldog rescue network) and it's the best experience of my animal loving life. I fostered many dogs and can tell you these rescues do their diligence. Go to the meet ups and ask everyone who has a Frenchie that you think has great temperament where they got them. Rescuing is a great and rewarding way to bring one into your life. Or like most of us, one isn't enough so maybe you buy from a breeder, and rescue next time around. IF I wasn't working I'd go to the fund raiser with Fergus and my Mini Cooper! Best of luck.
Beth
Beth.N
Portland, OR
Post #: 18
The Portland Kennel Club has a show this weekend at the Expo Center. Sunday is the last day. There are breeders there showing their Frenchies at 9:15am.
Good luck!
Tiffini G.
user 10195315
Portland, OR
Post #: 15
Hi,
Gracian, since I think I've seen you say you help with the FBRN on here, do you know if there are any Frenchies in Oregon being fostered looking for forever homes right now? We already have one so they would have to be dog friendly. I've looked on the sight and haven't seen any advertised just curious if you had any other information. Thanks!
Tiffini
Beth
Beth.N
Portland, OR
Post #: 19
Hi,
I just got a sweet boy, 4 months old, from Bonne Chance, in Eagle Point, OR. His male litter mate is available. He's a pretty brindle with a white chest.
Gracian H.
user 6787620
Stayton, OR
Post #: 264
I'm not with FBRN anymore. I do volunteer for Pacific NW Bulldog Rescue. And yes we do get Frenchie's every once in awhile. We have a web site and a Facebook page.