FRIENDS FIRST OF SANTA FE
OUR MISSION: To create opportunities for mature SINGLES to meet others with common interests, to become friends and to socialize without pressure.
We are not a dating site as such.
“WE ARE A COMMUNITY OF FRIENDS”:
"Friends First" ethic permeates this group and is actively promoted by the Leadership Team.
Many of us are transplants and consider this our local family and support group.
Members care, share and enjoy.
Active membership is a great no pressure way to make new friends, be more active and participate in numerous and varied fun activities.
Come to a couple of TGIF's, join in a couple of events that meet your interests and you might just be hooked!
•TGIF Social Hours: Friday 5:30-7:00 followed by optional dinner.
• 1st Friday Hotel Santa Fe 1501 Paseo De Peralta
• 2nd Friday Inn at Loretto 221 Old Santa Fe Trail
• 3rd Friday La Posada de Santa Fe 330 East Palace Ave
• 4th Friday Hotel Santa Fe 1501 Paseo De Peralta
• 5th Friday If there is a 5th Friday, we often have Dinner and a Movie.
There are no costs except for food/ beverages you order.
•Special Interest Events: Smaller events focusing on common interests such as outdoor activities (e.g. hiking, biking, camping), dancing, music, game nights, movies, meals, outings and trips to special places.
•Large Planned Events: e.g. dances, barbecues, parties.
• Respect everyone you meet. DISRESPECT WILL NOT BE TOLERATED.
• Be as active at meeting others as you wish, but not "pushy".
• Provide a warm welcome to new members.
• Adult behavior is expected.
• Make your own connections at the events.
• Tip generously for service provided including valet parking.
• At private venues, an immaculate cleanup is expected.
• Pay your own way to include helping pay for gas when carpooling.
• Organizers and Event Hosts are volunteers. Your help and cooperation is appreciated.
• Adhere to the Alcohol & Drug Policy that follows
• Members are responsible for the behavior of their non-member guests.
RESERVATIONS: RSVP “YES” to events you plan on attending. Change RSVP if you can not make it! RSVPs for TGIFs are desirable but not required. Repeated “No Shows” may result in loss of membership.
MEMBERSHIP DUES – NONE: Donations are appreciated and pay for such items as name tags, internet services, paper plates, miscellaneous supplies and special events. Some events will have admission fees.
JOINING THE GROUP: A recognizable face photo of yourself in your profile is required.
ADVERTISING AND PROMOTION IS STRICTLY FORBIDDEN: This includes references to businesses, and links to other websites contained in your profile or fliers at events. You are free to network and provide business cards on a one on one basis.
STEADY DATING: As this is a community of friends, you are welcome at our activities. Just be clear to others that you are “taken”.
SUGGESTIONS: We welcome suggestions for events, or new venues.
VOLUNTEERS: We are always looking for volunteers to host or lead events.
ORGANIZATION: The Planning Committee meets monthly to plan events and discuss business. All posted events will have a Event Host unless otherwise noted.
ALCOHOL & DRUG POLICY: We host many types of activities. Consumption of adult beverages is a reasonable expectation of many of our members. As a group we neither support nor condemn doing so.
We do not provide any adult beverages at the group’s expense.
You are responsible for the consequences of adult beverage consumption to include any health crises arising from over indulging or negative alcohol / prescription drug interaction.
During “BYOB” events do not consume what others bring without their permission.
“Cash Bars” are the sole responsibility of the venue serving the alcoholic beverages.
So called “recreational” drugs (marijuana, etc.) are not permitted at our events.
Anyone volunteering to be a “Designated Driver” and transport other members or guests to any hosted event may not have consumed or consume any amount of alcohol or illegal drugs.
MEMBERSHIP PRIVACY: Organizers have no access to account information on the Meetup site. You are responsible for maintaining your profile data, photos and all else under your member name and account.WE RESERVE THE RIGHT TO REFUSE PARTICIPATION TO ANYONE.
683 Poets and Poetry appreciators
963 Wilderness Seekers
1,037 Social Hikers
360 Internally Energetic Individuals