Jul 30, 2009 · 7:00 PM
This location is shown only to members
Join us for food and drinks at the beach on the East River in Long Island City. (Will end around 11pm) Water Taxi Beach is a beach created on a wharf from 400 tons of sand brought in from New Jersey Shore. It's on the East River in the Hunters Point section of Long Island City. It's open to the public during the summer months only.
For more information, -Info Link-
- BBQ-type foods such as burgers, hot dogs & french fries. -Menu Link-
- Drinks include beer, wine, tropical drinks & soda.
- 24 benches for seating and eating.
- 3 beach volleyball courts you can play on.
- Enjoy the amazing views of the Manhattan skyline...Sunset @ 8:14pm
- No swimming
Directions by Subway -Directions Link- Take the 7 train to Vernon Blvd/Jackson Avenue or the E train to 23rd Street/Ely Avenue. Walk on Jackson South West towards the Manhattan Skyline. Follow the signs for 495 West until you reach 51st Avenue. Turn right on 51 Street and walk to 2nd Street. Turn left on Second Street. Walk past the Crab House and the Tennis Port and then turn RIGHT into our driveway. OR What I will do is ask residents for directions along the way:-)
THERE ARE NO MEMBERSHIP FEES!