Chef & Vagrant for Dev 'n' Ops - managing and infrastructure's lifecycle using Opscode Chef & Vagrant.We will cover Chef and how to use / implement it.Understand a software development lifecycle using vagrant.
Day 1 - Getting Started:
• Introduction to Chef - understanding Chef components and concepts
• Installing the tools for these two sessions - files will be available offline
• A cookbook lifecycle :: Writing a cookbook - hands on
• A cookbook lifecycle :: Improving a cookbook - hands on
• Introduction to Vagrant
• Testing our cookbook with Vagrant - hands on
• Workshop will have a lot of hands-on - bring your laptops !
Day 2 - Diving Deeper:
• Recap day 1
• The wrapper cookbook - hands on
• Managing dependencies
• Chef server vs. Chef solo
• Chef solo route - configuring and using chef solo
• The Vagrant (solo) way
• Chef server route -> use vagrant to setup your chef server - hands on
• Chef server route -> use vagrant to setup your chef workstation - hands on
• Converging nodes with Chef server (and client ...) - hands on (Bootstrap & Converge)
• Summarize + Open discussion / Q&A
PLEASE NOTE !
This workshop has two sessions on [masked] (http://www.meetup.com/full-stack-developer-il/events/157080882/) AND[masked] (http://www.meetup.com/full-stack-developer-il/events/157089612/) PLEASE RSVP TO THEM BOTH !
Join the online conversation at the Full Stack Developers Facebook group page (https://www.facebook.com/groups/225585444263260/).