Prepare for 3 days of fur, friends and fun! Our flophouse, the ritzy Grand Sierra Resort, provides entertainment for all ages, eleven hash houses, and enough space for our dames, flappers, and lounge lizards to stretch their paws and enjoy themselves!
For not much jack, you can stay the weekend, and we'll show you a great time!
We are currently still planning the events for BLFC 2013, and there is room for many more! If you have any suggestions or would like host a panel or event contact[masked]
The following panels are currently being planned (subject to lots of change):
- Basic Fursuit Construction
- Advanced Fursuit Construction
- Fursuit Tech & Lighting
- Fursuit Cleaning & Maintenance
- Basic Fursuit Performance
- Advanced Fursuit Performance
- Dance Instruction
- Swing Dance Instruction
- Advanced Photography
- Getting Published
- Brainstorming a Short Story
- Designing a Comic
- All About Dragons
- Drawing 101: Lineart
- Drawing 102: Color & Shading
The following non-panel events are currently planned (again, subject to lots of change):
- Art Slave (two 1-hour blocks)
- An artist live-draws whatever the audience suggests, under a 20-minute time limit. Audience gets to watch as the piece is created. When the piece is done, it is put up in the charity auction.
- Fursuit Games
- Fursuit Improv
- Dance Competition
- Short 2-5 minute acts meant to showcase new costume designs.
The following dances are currently planned (yes, this is subject to lots of change too):
- Friday 9p-10p: Swing Dance
iday 10p-2a: General Dance
- Saturday 9:30p-10:30p Couples' Dance
- Saturday 10:30p-2a: General Dance
Lounge Area Activities
The goal of Biggest Little Fur Con is to provide entertaining activities that anyone can do in the main function space. To further this goal, staff is working on putting various "toys" around the function space to stave off boredom, get some good laughs, create funny pictures, and create fond memories that attendees can take home with them.
Staff has already finished making the following "toys:"
- Yarn Ball
- A yarn ball, wandering its way around the room all weekend.
- A great big bucket of legos kindly donated by a local fur, dumped out on a table. Go nuts.
Staff is working on adding the following "toys," as time allows:
- Magnet Board
- A board full of magnetic poetry with plenty of furry-specific words added
- A 16-player twister mat out in the function space
- Pin Board
- The typical message board you see at many cons; look for announcements, room parties, and silly artwork
- Art Board
- A separate board just for artwork. Similar to an easel.
- Giant Dice
- Giant foam dice with various things printed on their faces. Make up your own games!