addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcredit-cardcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobe--smallglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1launch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Furlife Message Board › Has anyone been to The Air Lock in Kirkland?

Has anyone been to The Air Lock in Kirkland?

Martlie
user 11871864
Kirkland, WA
Post #: 17
I just went there with a group of friends and it was an absolute blast! I had never heard of it until I went, but I thought I would share this little gem of fun times. Not sure if people would be interested in a meet.
On Tuesdays it's $20 for unlimited play from 5:00pm until midnight. Pretty affordable and VERY fun!

It's hard to explain, but they have 8 "cockpits" and two different games they put on: BattleTech (it's pretty much a Mech Warrior 4 port) and Red Planet.

Their website is here: http://the-airlock.co...­
MaxCoyote
Fursuiter-Brony
Seattle, WA
Post #: 78
WOW dude, that's SERIOUSLY old school! I remember going to Virtual World in Walnut Creek, CA back when I was in MIDDLE SCHOOL! That was like almost 20 years ago!

HOT DAMN, they still have those around?! Insane dude.

Btw, Mech Warrior was based on Battle Tech. It's been around a LONG time. When those came out, they were the first of their kind.
Martlie
user 11871864
Kirkland, WA
Post #: 19
Oh really? I thought it was the other way around (BattleTech ripping off Mech Warrior). Either way it was SO much fun!
They also have beginner, intermediate, and advanced control settings that are individual per player, so it's really easy to jump in to.
Even if we don't do a meet, I thought it would be a good place to know about for birthdays or anything.
Martlie
user 11871864
Kirkland, WA
Post #: 20
Also, for clarification, these are video/arcade games, not tabletop games. I have just discovered that BattleTech is a tabletop game as well :P
MaxCoyote
Fursuiter-Brony
Seattle, WA
Post #: 79
They must of bought up all the old pods once the whole Red Planet/ Battle Tech arcade thing fell down the toilet.
Blaidd G.
user 26783562
Seattle, WA
Post #: 16
(facepaws) kids these days. BattleTech started as a "tabletop" miniatures game. Some people during BattleTech's peak had permanent tables with all sorts of terrain features set up for the game. MechWarrior was a video game based on BattleTech. The first (of four) MechWarrior game was top-down/turn-based. You were literally playing BattleTech on the computer. Then someone important somewhere said "wouldn't it be cool if there was a game where you got to actually *pilot* a Mech?" And so MechWarrior 2 was from the pilot point of view. It was insanely popular, and spawned two more sequels, a total of 5 expansions between them, and numerous spin-offs, including those BattleTech pods. I first encountered one of those at a Wizards of the Coast store in Auburn (long since shut down), when I was a teenager living in Olympia nearly 20 years ago. They are a ton of fun, and if I had time and money I'd love to do it again. We should get an event together, and take over the place with a furry invasion. :D
Martlie
user 11871864
Kirkland, WA
Post #: 21
To be honest, I hadn't even heard of BattleTech/Mech Warrior until I went there, and didn't know BattleTech started as a tabletop game until I looked in to it more. Both versions sound very fun :)
But at $20 for unlimited plays, it's a pretty sweet sounding deal to me! They also have newbie nights on Wednesdays, which is when I went. There were 9 of us and we literally had the entire place to ourselves :)
A former member
Post #: 142
Whoa, I've been wanting to play in one of these since I read about them back in the 90s!
Nice find, thanks for the scoop :)
Martlie
user 11871864
Kirkland, WA
Post #: 22
No problem! It was a real blast :) I wasn't sure people would be interested in a meet, but I thought I'd share the fun times anyhoo.