addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcredit-cardcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobe--smallglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1launch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Furlife Message Board › mtv true life chance to be on tv

mtv true life chance to be on tv

Hali T.
user 44608822
Seattle, WA
Post #: 1
ok so i have been getting called every month for about 3 months now from mtv and there still looking for a furry to film im REALY NOT wanting to do it either but it would be better for some one to get to it befor they find some one that would make furrys look bad (as if it hasnt happend befor)

so thoughts? suggestions?
im not wanting to do it but i would like the thoughts from many other furrys on this subject. and i know tv always turns things around to make them look bad but i might be able to get them to sign a contract saying that they wont twist my words. but i realy dont know i have heard good things and bad things about furrys being on tv
MaxCoyote
Fursuiter-Brony
Seattle, WA
Post #: 103
Jerry Springer is also looking for furries right now.

This is a BAD BAD idea. I know it's really really inviting and exciting to think of going on TV. But you have to remember what the national media sees us as. At least places like Springer and MTV. THOSE institutions do not respect us, and want to interview furries for the thrill factor of making us look like freaks and disrespecting us.

Now if you had a local TV station ask, that might be different. But MTV? No. They just wanna make you look like an idiot to get ratings. They want a freak for their midway show. Dont' play their game.
Silence
user 32900412
Seattle, WA
Post #: 5
My thoughts exactly. I heard Jerry Springer was also looking for bronies to pick on :/ I wouldn't do it.
Hali T.
user 44608822
Seattle, WA
Post #: 2
thats also what i was thinking like i said i DO NOT want to do this but i dont want them to find the weirdest person for the show either. i havnt told them i would like to do it i havnt even answerd there last few calls. i guess i would just have to do the local tv thing. arlington is a art town so i think they would show it in the right light but idk. and also yeah mtv is just for making people look like freaks and WAY over dramatizing it as well
Relena
princesspupcake
Tacoma, WA
Post #: 3
I agree with everyone else, worst idea ever. look what happened when furries have appeared on other TV shows. I'm hoping no one actually takes the offer sad
A former member
Post #: 14
The producers of MTV can go bleep themselves. It doesn't matter who says what, the bastards will find some way to turn it into something else.

Also, are you really going to trust a network that airs garbage like Jersey Shore?
Silence
user 32900412
Seattle, WA
Post #: 6
Like what everyone's saying no matter what anyone says, they'll find a way to twist it into lies and garbage just to make you or whoever takes the offer look like freaks and weirdos. There isn't much hope going againts entertainment networks either. best thing to do is not take the offer and hope nobody else does.

Sad thing is no matter who it is, the Network will more than likely get what they want, and that doesn't seem like it'd be anything good for you or the fandom.
Hali T.
user 44608822
Seattle, WA
Post #: 3
yeah i know thats why i havnt told them anything and also why i just havnt been answering there calls either. just wanted some input on it and also was gonna see if any one els had been asked by them about this
Tarnivitch
user 8315493
Puyallup, WA
Post #: 12
I wonder if we could get Uncle Kage to do it they would be so screwed.He would make it seem boring in comparison to what they want.