addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1launch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Furlife Message Board › Fursuit makers and Mentors

Fursuit makers and Mentors

Maeve 'Mae' A.
user 61836002
Seattle, WA
Post #: 1
Hello everyone! I am Justice, Or Mae Kitter. I am currently working on the construction of my first fursuit, I have been working off internet tutorials and trial and error, I have been struggling for a while with figuring all of this out, and because of my age I seem to have a problem with the budget!

What I am starting this up for is to see if there are any Seattle Washington area fursuit makers or people who have experience creating fursuits who is or would be open to giving me tips or mentoring me through the process. It would be much appreciated!

I attend a small school in washington that actually allows this kind of thing to be a project and main thing that I work on during my school hours because I want to be a proffessional fursuit maker someday. if you know of anyone or you yourself can help please shoot me a msg! thanks
Lots of love,
Your fellow Furry, Mae
A former member
Post #: 156
I live in the northgate area myself (north end of seattle) and would be happy to help.
I've made 6 suits now, often as collaborations with friends and I've got a full workshop of supplies and a trash bag full of fur scraps. :)

I'm actually working on my next suit right now, here are some in-progress pics.
http://i.imgur.com/Nl...­ http://i.imgur.com/5A...­

Maybe we can chat a bit and work out the details? I'm guessing it'd be a lot of fun to just work on our stuff at the same time, plus whatever we might learn together.

My AIM/Skype are in my meetup profile, but you can let me know if something else is more helpful.
Maeve 'Mae' A.
user 61836002
Seattle, WA
Post #: 3
Wow thatd be great! I sent you a request on skype, thanks a lot for answering so quickly!
Ermine N.
user 56314682
Renton, WA
Post #: 2
There was an event scheduled for making fursuits, but it seems to be canceled. That's okay because I wasn't ready yet, and can spend the money on an Xbox 360.
A former member
Post #: 157
<nods> I'd be up for hosting a another fursuit workshop sometime, I just would want a couple other people to co-host with me. All I'm talking about is being willing to come like an hour early / stay an hour late, and be my goto on helping me trace and build the demo project. I just have a lot more fun teaming up, it's like hanging out rather than working :3
Porc
user 71527662
Seattle, WA
Post #: 1
If you decide to do that I'd definitely like to come join in, assuming I'm free when you're doing it, of course. And I wouldn't mind helping, depending on what the helping involved.

I'd even be happy to bring some food. It seems like a good trade for a little advice on where to get started. smile
Ryusuke G.
user 15090061
Tacoma, WA
Post #: 8
Is this still a thing going on? I got like.. Three tubs of fur i wanna turn into something but need some professional guidance.
A former member
Post #: 177
If you have some space I will bring equipment and set up a workshop . I prefer if we can help others once getting you moving however
Ryusuke G.
user 15090061
Tacoma, WA
Post #: 9
darn. i dun have any space at all. was hoping to travel @.=.@