addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1light-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Furlife Message Board › Geocaching

Geocaching

Wake The S.
user 47033022
Bainbridge Island, WA
Post #: 28
My grandfather told me of this activity called 'GeoCaching' which is really just a treasure hunt, there are these caches all over Bainbridge Island and Seattle (Maybe even farther than that) that include a treasure and a log book, you get the latitude and longitude from the website: http://www.geocaching...­ and then go out and look for that particular cache, when you find it you can take whatever is inside but you have to replace the treasure with something else and you log your find with the date you found it. I thought it would be cool if we got a group together and one a saturday or something get a list of geocaches and find them in Seattle, any thoughts?
Thunderwyvern
user 80848442
Everett, WA
Post #: 2
Never heard of it, but sounds like fun! Reminds me of the Goonies some. (ironically the goonies was filmed in Washington state lolz)
Lord Flame S.
LordFlameStryke
Calgary, AB
Post #: 2,477
There's also a high tech version, where USB drives are hidden, so multiple people can get the info and leave more. Sort of like a digital "Steve Wuz Here" graffiti thingy.....
Wake The S.
user 47033022
Bainbridge Island, WA
Post #: 29
Sounds a bit more dangerous, wouldn't want someone to leave a nasty virus xD
M.V.Hybrid
user 8239118
Longview, WA
Post #: 23
You can geocach anywhere to the extent of my knowledge it's all over the world. I'd love to get into it and bring my dogs out (they're young and hyper and could use some time in the woods). I live on the Oregon boarder and work on the weekends. But there's a group on FA and I'm sure they or the owner would be able to answer any questions you have.

http://www.furaffinit...­

Good Luck treasure hunters!