Innovation - Experimentation - Collaboration
IGDA Sacramento has joined forces with the UC Davis Game Development Club to co-host the 2016 Global Game Jam.
The Global Game Jam (GGJ) is the world's largest game jam event (game creation) taking place around the world at physical locations.
Think of it as a hackathon focused on game development. It is the growth of an idea that in today’s heavily connected world, we could come together, be creative, share experiences and express ourselves in a multitude of ways using video games – it is very universal.
The weekend stirs a global creative buzz in games, while at the same time exploring the process of development, be it programming, iterative design, narrative exploration or artistic expression.
It is all condensed into a 48 hour development cycle. The GGJ encourages people with all kinds of backgrounds to participate and contribute to this global spread of game development and creativity.
============ DETAILS ==============
Event: All ages
PLEASE CREATE AN ACCOUNT AND REGISTER ON OUR GLOBAL GAME JAM SITE (http://globalgamejam.org/2016/jam-sites/igda-sacramento-university-california-davis-uc-davis)
• Please RSVP for this event on our Meetup page (http://www.meetup.com/gamedeveloper/events/226550686/).
• Create an account on the Global Game Jam site.
• Join our game jam site (http://globalgamejam.org/2016/jam-sites/igda-sacramento-university-california-davis-uc-davis).
• Follow IGDA Sacramento on Twitter (https://twitter.com/IGDA_Sacramento), Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/InternationalGameDevelopersAssociationSacramento/), and Meetup (http://www.meetup.com/gamedeveloper/).
• Invite your fellow creatives and game devs!
WiFi Access: Provided courtesy of UC Davis
Parking: We suggest parking in the parking lot next to Life Sciences as it's the closest. It isn't free on weekdays, but parking is free anywhere during weekends.
Update 11/14/15: I will be periodically updating this meetup over the next few months. I am also in search of sponsors. If you know of any companies, feel free to message me and we can work out the details.
We will also accept donations at the door if you'd like to contribute snacks or a few dollars to the event. All contributions will go directly towards the event.
Update 1/26/16: Time Sensitive Info for 2016 Global Game Jam at UC Davis (http://www.meetup.com/gamedeveloper/messages/boards/thread/49543283)
This is really important!!!
Please make sure you have also registered on our Global Game Jam site before this Saturday.
What to Bring
• Computer tower & monitor
• External hard drive or USB flash drive (because you never know…)
• Extra power strips
• Materials for non-digital games (board & card games are welcomed and encouraged)
• Your favorite drinks and snacks
• A blanket or something comfy, cozy for an overnight
Let us know if you have any questions. Follow our event on Twitter @SacGameJam.